Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

1972/80 Pearl B4514 "Stewart Copeland"

From funkypoodle

Thanks again Tommy! The proof is in the pudding. I'll grab these for posterity. Here's a pic of my 4514 on a B-714D, brothers in brass. I have my heart set on a Pearl FG kit in the near future. I love how they sound & next winter when it's -40 again I'll leave my Rogers at home and schlep the FG kit around x-mas3

... and two beauties there FP! Regarding the PEARL fiberglass set: Ya ... I'm very well versed in the realm of fiberglass! I have two sets of Fibes COF, and have been gigging them for over a year now. My 1965 Rogers Buddy Rich Celebrity's are jealous! :) You can see my 67/68 Fibes COF Buddy Rich in my avatar above, and ... I was so digging the fiberglass that I had an eye out for another set, only in "smaller" sizes for some of the other gigs/bands I work with in addition to the Sinatra Show. So ... found these about 2 months ago. They are comprised of an early 1966 Fibes 14X20 bass drum, and the 8X12 and 16X16 are both 1972 Fibes/CFMartin. I've been gigging them and they play/sound incredible! The fiberglass "sound", when set up correctly, is amazing ... and I have always liked the 70's era PEARL Fiberglass drums too. I go way back with Fibes though having bought my 1st set in 1973, so I wanted to stay with them. I have had many over the years, but got back to wood for a long period of time before deciding to also bring back the fiberglass. Glad I did! Your mention of -40 degrees makes sense too of course. No worries with fiberglass shells. At least not like wood shells anyway. Working with the quartet last night .. private function .. and played the smaller Fibes COF's. Here are a few pics! I was tempted to bring the PEARL B4514 "Stewart Copeland", but opted for my 1967 Rogers COB Powertone as I already knew how that drum would sound/react outside what with the very "high ceiling". :)

Tommyp

3 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

Nice snare!

thejohnlec
Ohio Valley
Posted on 7 years ago

The nice "crack" you commented on-100% agreement. My COB Jupiter far exceeded my expectations for a good snare sound. Why its timbre nearly approaches wood fatness in sound. Thanks for sharing. D.

Posted on 6 years ago

From deansdrums59

The nice "crack" you commented on-100% agreement. My COB Jupiter far exceeded my expectations for a good snare sound. Why its timbre nearly approaches wood fatness in sound. Thanks for sharing. D.

Spot on Dean! These truly are "sleeper" snare drums as they can function in any idiom .. but .. they maintain that "fatness" throughout! THANKS for the comment!

Tommyp

Posted on 6 years ago

Indeed a goody!! i love mine, scored this one on trademe and put a diecast hoop on and crack!! Awesome!!

1 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

I have both depths as well in the correct series, not Jupiter - great COB snares. I like my 5x14 more than my 7 line Tommy :)

Found it!!
Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here