Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

1968 Walberg & Auge Perfection Jazz Outfit in Rogers Blue Strata Pearl 20/14/12/14

Oh yeah forgot to mention that floor is a 14x16 deep which I believe is unique to W&A sets.

Wayne

Posted on 5 years ago

From DRUMR69

Oh yeah forgot to mention that floor is a 14x16 deep which I believe is unique to W&A sets.Wayne

This floor IS 14x14. Another reason I went and bought this set.

All confirmed. The other W&A set I have from 1960 has that truly unique FT sizes. Take a look at the mixed bag of metal goodness on that one! I LOVE this FT!!

1 attachments
Posted on 5 years ago

From Drum Doug

Mark - another killer kit for your over the top killer collection - Congrats! If I may ask ... how many kits do you own now ? Also how do you deal with storage and display issues for your collection ? Are you maybe like BEC who I understand has a separate building (barn) for his collection ?Just curious ... thanks for any comments ... again congrats on a killer vintage drum kit collection !Drum Doug

Thanks for the kind words! Much appreciated. The set sounds amazing and I'm really happy with it's ease of tuning up too. THAT snare is incredible! I am currently at 34 kits. Including the 1963 Rogers set I have for sale here. Storage is an issue (just ask my kind & patient wife aka singer in 2 of my bands) so I have a 24 hour access studio where I keep a bulk of the collection. BIG time security there and all insured. I have 2 kits set up at all times there. I also always have a kit set up in the living room of our condo I rotate monthly (only use brushes on that one). Everything is displayed quite nicely here with the snares in a bookshelf setting. There's A LOT of drums crammed into our little place and I can't tell you how fortunate I am to have a wife that gets it. It would NOT happen with any other person then a musician. Yes, living in a condo in the city is getting old (as are we) so heading to MT in a few years. Some of the collection may be sold off when we go.

But I have a feeling most of it's coming with me to the grave.

And I do gig ALL OF IT! Yes Sir

Posted on 5 years ago

Mark - Thanks for all your comments ... wow 34 kits ... very cool ... sounds like you've got it all under control ... get to gig the kits ... and with a musician wife that gets it to boot ... count your blessings man.

Rock On !! ... Doug

Posted on 5 years ago

Beautiful and fascinating kit! Love that wrap and can imagine how they sound. I am showing your post re the 34 kits to my wife. Thank you for making me and my humble little collection look normal!

Posted on 5 years ago

There's a W&A set for sale around here on CL. It's also a mutt kit, a five piece in rock sizes, and I would love to nab it. The finish is Ludwig's Red Strata. They look great. The guy has been trying for what seems like a year to sell them, with no luck. He dropped his price $400 and then it disappeared and came back, and he raised the price back up. I guess he decided he wasn't going to give them away. The set supposedly belonged to his drum teacher, who ordered them directly from W&A.

Posted on 5 years ago

From Drum Doug

Mark - Thanks for all your comments ... wow 34 kits ... very cool ... sounds like you've got it all under control ... get to gig the kits ... and with a musician wife that gets it to boot ... count your blessings man.Rock On !! ... Doug

Thank you Doug! I do count my blessings every day. She is an incredible woman. I hit the lotto for sure. I do sweeten the deal by getting her the matching vintage dress for every kit. It's our schtick when we gig that we match. People dig it too.

Happy Wife = Happy Life Kiss

1 attachments
Posted on 5 years ago

A beautiful kit! I love W&A drums. Unique company and the way they approached drum building. Good luck with the kit

Michael

No Guru - I just love collecting & learning about vintage drums!

Some of my favorites from the kits in the collection
58 WFL New Yorker Blue Sparkle
67 Ludwig Hollywood Red Psychedelic
69 Ludwig Standard Red Ruby Strata
70's Ludwig BOP "Ringo" Kit

A few of my favorite snares
20's Leedy Black Elite
51 Leedy & Ludwig Knob Tension
58 WFL Buddy Rich Classic Blue Sparkle
63 Walberg & Auge Sea Blue Agave Green Pearl
66 Leedy Shelly Manne Blue Agate Pearl
Posted on 5 years ago

Beautiful kit! I have a Walberg Jasper snare in the collection that I absolutely love. I grew up very close to Worcester and really love the history of this great company. Congrats and enjoy!

thejohnlec
Ohio Valley
Posted on 5 years ago

Sorry Markrocks68,

I looked at the 3rd picture and it looked like 14x16.

Enjoy

Wayne

Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here