Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

1964 Rogers Constellation in Sparkling Green Pearl

From Dan Boucher

Beautiful drums Mark. I'm going to guess that particular Dynasonic would draw a very high price because of its era (very early beavertail) and its color, which is quite rare. Hawk eyes on the rods Mark. Interestingly enough, when I got my red onyx Dynasonic (which I have sold) it had the wrong rods too. They buyer changed them, though it was 67/68-ish snare and could have come from the shop with the rods like this one. It is highly unlikely this green one had the later rods from day one. What do you think about the sound of that Dynasonic. Do you find it lives up to the reputation?

Dan and Mark!

In regards to a price, I would think that this particular Dyna would sell for in excess of $2500. You just never know about the market at any given time.

As for the tension rods, they are not even Rogers. Attached is a picture of my "Dynatone" snare drum. All the parts were transfered from my 1966 COB Dynasonic. The tension rods are of the "square head" variety, with threading that extends all the way up to about 1/4" below the collar.

Mark, it's difficult to tell from your pictures, but does the chrome tension screw for the snare frame have a slot in it? Compare it to the screw on my frame. If no slot, it may be an aftermarket.

-Mark

1 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

Thanks for the info Mark. Thats very cool. I believe it has the slot (though they are not in front of me) but I remember wondering if I would need a screwdriver!

I have to say that the Powertone is pretty impressive also though.

So a green one of those is fairly scarce as well I would imagine.

I've been looking for quite some time.

Posted on 6 years ago

From Dan Boucher

Beautiful drums Mark. I'm going to guess that particular Dynasonic would draw a very high price because of its era (very early beavertail) and its color, which is quite rare. Hawk eyes on the rods Mark. Interestingly enough, when I got my red onyx Dynasonic (which I have sold) it had the wrong rods too. They buyer changed them, though it was 67/68-ish snare and could have come from the shop with the rods like this one. It is highly unlikely this green one had the later rods from day one. What do you think about the sound of that Dynasonic. Do you find it lives up to the reputation?

So far I am liking it A LOT!

But this really is my first one besides my dads (which when I was using, was missing the famous bridge) all those years ago..

Posted on 6 years ago

I can’t say enough , how pretty, the glass is , wow mark great kit

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 6 years ago

From jaghog

I can’t say enough , how pretty, the glass is , wow mark great kit

Thanks man!

Posted on 6 years ago

Very beautiful set, thanks for posting this! The 14X14 floor tom is so cool; these kits always seemed to come with 16X16 instead.

Posted on 6 years ago

Hi all

Looking for a 16" FT for this lot of green apples.

PM if you know of any.

Thanks!

Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here