Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

1964 Rogers Constellation in Sparkling Green Pearl

1964 Rogers Constellation No. 1850 Outfit in Sparkling Green Pearl with matching wood Dynastic & Powertone. Most likely a special order kit.

20/14/12/14 & extra 13" The Cadillacs of Vintage Drums!

5 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

Stunning just stunning !!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 6 years ago

Super cool!! Beautiful set!!

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 6 years ago

Mark!

Absolutely beautiful!

-Mark

Posted on 6 years ago

Thanks all.

So is the Dyna really worth as much as I'm hearing?

Posted on 6 years ago

From markrocks68

Thanks all. So is the Dyna really worth as much as I'm hearing?

Really depends. How much are you hearing? Even though the market is down, wood-shell Dynasonics can still sell for prices in excess of $2000. First, condition is everything, which yours appears to have. Based on the Clock-face strainer, it must be a 4-digit serial number. Can you tell us what the SN is? After condition, comes color. Green sparkle (actually a glass glitter) is rare, which pushes the price up. Any fading at all?

-Mark

Posted on 6 years ago

From idrum4fun

Really depends. How much are you hearing? Even though the market is down, wood-shell Dynasonics can still sell for prices in excess of $2000. First, condition is everything, which yours appears to have. Based on the Clock-face strainer, it must be a 4-digit serial number. Can you tell us what the SN is? After condition, comes color. Green sparkle (actually a glass glitter) is rare, which pushes the price up. Any fading at all?-Mark

Hi Mark!

SN is 3557. I attached more pics.

2 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

Mark!

The serial number of 3557 dates the drum to 1964, 1965 at the latest. If it's original to the rest of the kit, it most likely is 1964. I noticed that the tension rods and washers are not original. They should look like those on the Powertone. If I were to pay a premium price for a wood-shell Dyna, I'd like it to have all the original parts.

-Mark

Posted on 6 years ago

From idrum4fun

Mark!The serial number of 3557 dates the drum to 1964, 1965 at the latest. If it's original to the rest of the kit, it most likely is 1964. I noticed that the tension rods and washers are not original. They should look like those on the Powertone. If I were to pay a premium price for a wood-shell Dyna, I'd like it to have all the original parts.-Mark

This was how I got it. So in regards to that, what's a number?

I don't know Rogers like I know Ludwig but I find it amazing the folks who are so into these Dynas.

I actually have the tension rods as well from another Rogers drum.

Posted on 6 years ago

Beautiful drums Mark. I'm going to guess that particular Dynasonic would draw a very high price because of its era (very early beavertail) and its color, which is quite rare. Hawk eyes on the rods Mark. Interestingly enough, when I got my red onyx Dynasonic (which I have sold) it had the wrong rods too. They buyer changed them, though it was 67/68-ish snare and could have come from the shop with the rods like this one. It is highly unlikely this green one had the later rods from day one.

What do you think about the sound of that Dynasonic. Do you find it lives up to the reputation?

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here