Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

1938 LEEDY 6.5 x 14 GOLD SPARKLE BROADWAY PARALLEL

Hi,

This is the latest to enter into my collection. I got this drum from my good friend and fellow collector Mark Cooper.

1938 LEEDY 6.5 x 14 GOLD SPARKLE BROADWAY PARALLEL

THE SHELL:

The solid maple shell is all good with no extra holes. The Gold Sparkle wrap is in great shape with none of the usual “black cancer” spots that we see on some older sparkles. The white interior is clean with normal aging. The 3806 date stamp is very clean and the badge grommet is tight.

THE HARDWARE:

There were a few gremlins that the previous owner neglected to tell Mark about. The worst was that the two strainer thumb wheels were forced on, cross-threaded and frozen in place. This is when you need a good machinist or friend. In this case my good friend Al Schneider (the original Drum Doctor est. 1963) came to the rescue. Al was able to re-tap the threads and brought the parallel mechanism back to life. The snares are Bill Wanser (Olympic Drums & Percussion) reproductions. If you need Leedy Broadway Parallel or Ludwig Super reproduction snares Bill is the guy for this. The rest of the chrome hardware cleaned up and polished up nicely. Top and bottom vintage calf heads rounded out this cleaning/restoration.

Enjoy!

Mike Curotto

Posted on 11 months ago

Beautiful snare! Love that gold sparkle!

Just keepn’ the beat for Jesus!
Posted on 10 months ago
Action Another action Something else here