Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Price check 1966 ludwig black oyster snare

Hey guys have a line on this drum pioneer in BOP by the numbers on the badge its a 1966 year.

The drum looks to be in very good condition

what do you guys think?

Mikey

Posted on 6 years ago

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posted on 6 years ago

6 lugs....

Mike Curotto

Posted on 6 years ago

Oyster black Pioneer, the poor man's "Ringo" snare. Probably about a thousand dollar drum these days but there are two on ebay right now that folks are asking twice that for so maybe I'm behind the times. I paid $650 for one probably 10 or 12 years ago. Identical to the Jazz Festival other than the lug count. Those two lugs make all the difference, 8 lugs = $2-4000...unless it's just like Ringo's (only made exactly like that for about a year or so) when it becomes a $20-30,000 drum (heck, even a modern copy sells for thirty grand).

It seems there are more oyster black Pioneers around than Jazz Fests. At least they seem to pop up for sale more often. My theory is that if you bought a set back then you were going to get a Supra unless you special ordered a matching snare...however, the Pioneer was generally marketed towards students buying their very first drum. Many of them were inspired to take up the drums by Ringo so why not opt for one like his?

Posted on 6 years ago

From Mike Curotto

6 lugs....Mike Curotto

Yep. He said it was a Pioneer model.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 6 years ago

No more than 899 mikey

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 6 years ago

From Mike Curotto

6 lugs....Mike Curotto

I'm with Mike on this one....unless it sells for dirt cheap, I'd pass.

Posted on 6 years ago

It still astounds me the kind of money BOP oyster drums bring. Congrats to whoever has owned a set for a while. Quite the ROI.

Posted on 6 years ago

Pioneers are excellent snare drums.

I use them frequently.

That wrap is sought after so you may pay quite a bit for the drum.

Let us know if you score it!

Posted on 6 years ago

Last one I had idols for 1375 over seas

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here