Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

Sept 9, 2022 - New round of changes

Things have been stable since the update. I know some of you still have the log-in issue.

The next step is in the works and the project has been outlined and close to approval. This next step will be a change to the lay-out, design and mobile phone functionality. Also, the speed and Google rankings will improve.

As many of you know Google wanted all sights to be mobile friendly years ago and since this site is not, pages lose ranking and are not featured in Google search results.

Things you will not notice are the update to HTML 5, better sitemap and robots.txt. Navigation improvements, image tags and other Google search improvements.

With that, the colors, vintage vibe and theme will remain similar. The logo will have to conform to Googles requirements. The image of the mobile design and desktop home page are a sample and not the final product.

I'm still deciding on a few things. I wish things did not have to change!!

2 attachments
Posted on 1 year ago

Hi David,

Thanks for the heads up with this.

-Mark

Posted on 1 year ago

"we gretsch players and Turkish cymbal players resist Change (Even if they are new USAc 2007 Gretsch and new 2012 Bosphorus cymbals

So looking forward to it!

New logo design huh that should/could be fun

looking at the "chrome emblem" Vintage drum Forum still- looks good;

My drums and cymbals aren't Vintage- I am ; )

.................................................. ......Joe
Posted on 1 year ago

All things must change. Thanks for the upgrade!

Posted on 1 year ago

We are close to reviewing the new changes on the test server. TommyP and I will have a few days to check it all out before it goes live. After this round, there will be other changes to make the site better.

Posted on 1 year ago

From Webmaster

Things have been stable since the update. I know some of you still have the log-in issue. The next step is in the works and the project has been outlined and close to approval. This next step will be a change to the lay-out, design and mobile phone functionality. Also, the speed and Google rankings will improve.As many of you know Google wanted all sights to be mobile friendly years ago and since this site is not, pages lose ranking and are not featured in Google search results.Things you will not notice are the update to HTML 5, better sitemap and robots.txt. Navigation improvements, image tags and other Google search improvements.With that, the colors, vintage vibe and theme will remain similar. The logo will have to conform to Googles requirements. The image of the mobile design and desktop home page are a sample and not the final product. I'm still deciding on a few things. I wish things did not have to change!!

Thanks for the update.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 1 year ago

We are days away from flipping the switch to the updated responsive forum. Probably by the end of this week, or early next week. TP and I will go over the site and update when we get closer.

Posted on 1 year ago

Keeping you in the loop. Moving ahead on fixes and format for mobile and desktop. There will be a learning curve to some extent depending on whether you use mobile or desktop or both.

This is the desktop version. There should be a light and dark theme. This is the light theme. The dark theme is similar to what we currently have.

Always a bigger project then anticipated!

1 attachments
Posted on 1 year ago

From Webmaster

Keeping you in the loop. Moving ahead on fixes and format for mobile and desktop. There will be a learning curve to some extent depending on whether you use mobile or desktop or both.This is the desktop version. There should be a light and dark theme. This is the light theme. The dark theme is similar to what we currently have.Always a bigger project then anticipated!

There will be issues, perhaps even a few major ones. There always are when changing software. We'll just need to remain patient while you sort things out. Best of luck.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 1 year ago

The changes to the forum will be happening in the next 48hrs. barring any issues. Visually, you will be a little shocked! There is a built in light and dark mode you can select and other home page updates to make the web site responsive for Google. Things should look and work better.

A few things - the gallery has not been updated, so we will have to live with the one photo for now. I do not have the funds currently to update that. So I have to wait.

If you look at the page - top right corner is your user name, when you click that you will see the User CP and also light and dark mode in the top right corner.

Under that is a Donate - then under that is search and under that is the gallery section (yet to be developed)

Then you will see "Trending Threads" and "Updated Threads" which should keep you in the loop better.

The rest of the forum is similar in the layout. I got rid of the "Video Section" it was closed anyway.

The linking and navigation rows at the top mimic what we had, but now Google friendly and easier to use.

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here