Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

For Sale: 1968 Ludwig Hollywood Kit

LOWERING PRICE to $1900.00 for everything listed. Will consider breaking up and shipping with solid offers.

Lowering price to 2400 or open to reasonable offers. Don't want to put this kit back in my closet for another 45 years.

Greetings, I am the original owner (have bill of sale) of a 1968 Ludwig Hollywood kit in oyster blue pearl. The kit was used throughout the 70s and has been packed in its cases in my closet since 1980. It was taken out and played in my home about three times since.

The kit is 22, 16, 13, 12 and 14 inch supra all date stamped January 22, 1968 (no date in 12).Keystone badge numbers range in the mid 570000s. All original with white interiors and baseball bat snare drum tone control. No modifications to any drum. Top heads are new. The kit has all the original hardware/stands it came with. A 1970s Slingerland cymbal stand was added later.

The sale includes a Zildgian 20 inch-ride cymbal (1960s); a 1970s 16-inch Zildgian crash; a 1970s 18-inch Paiste 2002 crash and 1970s Zildgian “New Beat” 14-inch high hats.

I am also including the vinyl drum cases and trap case. Two of the zippers and one trap case strap is broken but otherwise works well. Also included is a Slingerland throne in good condition but the height adjustment mechanism is missing. Wood block and small cow bell included.

After a light cleaning the kit cleaned up very well (Snare drum looks almost factory new). There is an area of surface rash on the 9 x 13 which unfortunately rubbed out the number on the keystone badge but the rash is hard to see unless your up close and look for it. The bass drum hoops need to be painted. Otherwise tight vibrant wrap on all drums, hoops and lugs shine like new. There are a few scratches on lugs you have to look for to find. There’s a few missing rubber feet on stands.

$2800 takes everything. Local pick up only in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Price change $2600. Pm me for additional photos or questions.

Posted on 1 year ago

[attach]137687[/attach][attach]137688[/attach]

Posted on 1 year ago

I think you're missing a digit on your serials, 57,000 does not make sense for '68. 570,000 does. Nice set, GLWS.

Posted on 1 year ago

You are absolutely right, I made a mistake. Just corrected the post.

Posted on 1 year ago

Respect for keeping ANYTHING from completely corroding in South Florida. I spent a summer tour there...Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Naples and Okachobee area...When I got back to the mid South, every piece of my kit was affected.

Nice kit. VERY fair price....I hope someone can get to it and pick it up.! Thanks for letting us get a look!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 1 year ago

Thanks O Lugs. I did use the kit for a stint in Florida in mid 70s but mostly used in New York and mid west. Since the kit was stored in my air conditioned home all those years it was protected from humidity.

Yeah I would like to sell everything together without having to go through trouble of boxing/ sending. I figure everyone has a relative in Florida and maybe wouldn’t mind coming down to get it. We’ll see.

Posted on 1 year ago

You realize some of your photos are upside down? Just wanted to mention...

'23 DW Collector's, Black Galaxy: 13/16/18/22/14 sn.
'01 DW Collector's, Oyster White: 8/10/12/14/16/22.
'24 DW Performance, Gold Sparkle, 12/14/20.
'59-ish Slingerland Pink Sparkle, 13/16/22.

'72 Slingerland Red Tiger Pearl: 12/13/16/16/22.
'69 Rogers Holiday, Red Onyx: 13/16/24
'67 Ludwig Burgundy Sparkle: 12/13/16/22.
'70-ish Ludwig Std, Burgundy Oyster: 13/16/22.
'69-ish MIJ Drum Mate: Peacock Pearl: 13/16/22.
'67-ish MIJ Crown, Red Sparkle, 12/13/16/22.

'67-ish,. MIJ Drum Mate, Blue Oyster, 12/13/16/22.

Posted on 1 year ago

Yea I know about photos. Tried to correct but wasn’t able to. Any suggestions? I can add more photos.

Posted on 1 year ago

Nice set. Let's see if this one is right side up.

1 attachments
Posted on 1 year ago

Yea that’s great. Had some trouble with that. Thanks

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here