Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

1953 Sherwood 6.5X14

White Marine Pearl has yellowed perfectly...

1 attachments
"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

Made when Conn owned the Ludwig/Leedy factory building.

It's almost what you might call an early "stencil" drum, in that, it wasn't actually made by Sherwood All the parts of this drum are either Leedy or Ludwig stuff/design. It was probably considered somewhat of a budget drum in its day because it doesn't have any internal muffler. Without knowing it, the simplicity of this drum and its lack of gadgetry probably is the reason it sounds and feels so good to play. The single flange rims/clips add to the "squishy" feel, too.

The shell is a white-painted 3-ply shell with re-rings. The wrap is not tucked into the scarf joint.

The drum has a narrow snare bed to match its narrow snare wire set. I had to buy new calfskins for it to put it back to a state that might have mirrored how it sounded was when it was new. But it also sounds great with synthetic heads, too.

It plays like butter!

Someone on here recently posted pics of a set of Sherwoods! It was a snare ad a matching bass drum -also in the same tone of yellowed WMP. In fact, every Sherwood drum I have ever seen, to date, was the same yellowed WMP. That's likely because it was the only finish offered! That would have simplified things even further!

Anyway...that's what I know

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

That is seriously pretty O-Lugs !!

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

O-Lugs, beautiful snare drum!!! Jumping2

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here