Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

30's Pioneer bass drum-trap set

Hello there.

This is a 1939 24"x11" Ludwig Pioneer bass drum with period Ludwig hardware (cymbal arms and spurs, not block & cowbell holder) that I bought some years ago. I was lucky because it was cheap and included Ludwig calfskin heads with very very low mileage (the ones with the cow logo). I don't know if they are the originals or a later, maybe 50's replacements.

The snare is a 14"x6,5" 2007 Gretsch brass.

Some months ago I lost an auction for a matching Pioneer snare, but still searching, as well as Ludwig 20's/30's pedal.

I hope you like it.

3 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

Very cool, The snare drum, in the picture at least, looks good with it. That probably in part because of the combination of the brass tube lugs and hoops which gives it a vintage look. Very nice. Enjoy

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 6 years ago

Morgatto.....Your drums look ace. Im into this set up you have. I think you should get as much of the yester year hardware as possible. Modern stands dont work. I have what seems some old zyn type trashy small cymbals, the type that used to hang if you want them. I dont want any money if interested let me know. Ill send you some pics. Plus that snare drum looks absolutely fab. A nice set of skulls would look great on top, and some floor cymbals. Great job.....sean

Posted on 6 years ago

Awesome!! Major mojo there!!

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 6 years ago

I had a new Speed Master pedal which I bought as a teen back in the day. Brings back memories. I couldn't afford a Speed King.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 6 years ago

You can almost see that bass drum being used on a street in New Orleans back in the day.

Posted on 6 years ago

From BosLover

Very cool, The snare drum, in the picture at least, looks good with it.

Yes...but those diecast rims...I hope someday I'll find the RIGHT snaredrum for this bass. Thanks!

Posted on 6 years ago

From seantdrums

I think you should get as much of the yester year hardware as possible. Modern stands dont work.

I agree 100%, Seantdrums.

From seantdrums

I have what seems some old zyn type trashy small cymbals, the type that used to hang if you want them. I dont want any money if interested let me know.A nice set of skulls would look great on top, and some floor cymbals. Great job.....sean

Thank you very very much. I've already got some cymbals like those although I appreciate that offer of yours.

I got in mind the skulls set on top. I spent some time checking in the internet but they are going more and more expensive items day after day. I think I'm going to get a nice and old Luddy pedal and hihat (or maybe a lowhat) and that's all.

Posted on 6 years ago

From Dan Boucher

You can almost see that bass drum being used on a street in New Orleans back in the day.

Yes, Dan. Once you are behind it all rythms you play are 2nd line grooves. ;)

Posted on 6 years ago

From BosLover

I had a new Speed Master pedal which I bought as a teen back in the day. Brings back memories. I couldn't afford a Speed King.

Never knew there was such price difference between them.

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here