Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 106.61378%

Nov 12, 2007 - Ludwig Drum Sets

Hello Vintage drummers!

As stated in another thread and spurred on by our resident Ludwig enthusiasts I will be compiling the Ludwig Configuration page..

This will feature the different configurations pictorially over the years through catalog scans, articles, magazine adds and drum sets from VSD members.

This is the page and it will change over time....Only the Jazzette and Rockers are clickable at the moment...

[IMG]http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/images/ludwig_sets/deluxe_classic/classic_set_th.jpg[/IMG]

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Ok, the foundation is in place and all of the images click to that configuration page....

Now I pull all of my Ludwig catalogs and see how and when the names started and changed...If in a different catalogs it is the same picture I will just list the year it is the same as long as all of the data is the same.

I will also add names as I go for different configurations...

They had a lot more in the 60's

I'm staying away from WFL names...

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Just added the Quadra Plus, Octa Plus, Mach 5 and Mach 4 which were not in the 71 catalog but appeared in the 73 catalog

David

Posted on 16 years ago

The 1973 catalog shows some changes, 4 sets were dropped from the catalog and 4 sets were added to the product line..Then 3 sets had 24" bass drum configurations added and 3 remained unchanged...

24" bass drum option

Deluxe Classic Drum Set

Big Beat Drum Set

Rock Duo Drum Set

No Changes

Hollywood Drum Set

Super Classic Drum Set

Jazzette Remained the same...

Added:

Quadra Plus Drum Set

Octa Plus Drum Set

Mach 5 Drum Set

Mach 4 Drum Set

Dropped:

Carioca Drum Set

Club Date Drum Set

Down Beat Drum Set

Blue Note Drum Set

These have been updated accordingly....

Posted on 16 years ago

Great project! I've been thinking it would be cool to photograph drums set up like they were in the catalog. My first attempt has been a gold sparkle Hollywood kit...feel free to use it. If you think it's a good idea, I could also do a Deluxe Classic kit, a Gold Coast kit, and a Jazzette kit this way.

[img]http://69.6.216.143/cat_shot.jpg[/img]

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 16 years ago

Sure, I was going to set up each configuration with sets from drummers like the bottom of the jazzette page...

This will be perfect!

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Hello all

I just added the 1960 Drum Set Scans and put them in the correct location on the page and created new pages for

The Ludwig Las Vegas Outift

The Ludwig Spotlight Outift

The Ludwig Hobby Outift

The Ludwig Combo Outift

The Ludwig New Yorker Outift

Also, I if you want to look at a specific year, I added that option as well...

More soon...

David

Posted on 16 years ago

I just added the 1962 Ludwig Drum Set Scans....

The changes include:

The Las Vegas is gone

The Miami Beach was added

The Traveler was added.

Other then that Ludwig changed the lay out with different color backgrounds on the main set. If the set and photo stayed the same I did not add it to the subsequent page graphically but in the text...

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Hello all you turkey eaters!

Well, I just added the 1967 Ludwig Catalog scans

In this catalog you will see the Gold Coast added and the Miami Beach is gone....

The Moonliter was added in the 67 catalog

Other then that enjoy

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Good morning!!

I just added the 1980 Ludwig Catalog to the page...

Lots of different configurations, including the Buddy Rich Drum Set...

Has anyone ever seen a Buddy Rich WMP Ludwig Set?

They must have sold a bunch of those sets, but I can't say I have ever seen one being sold on Ebay or in a private collection.

Enjoy

David

Posted on 16 years ago