Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Cymbals

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-08-2020, 07:42 PM
Drumaholic Drumaholic is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,373
Default Interesting way to try to stop a crack

Interesting tactic...but unfortunately completely inefectual.

21" trans stamp

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-09-2020, 12:43 AM
BosLover BosLover is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 1,303
Default Re: Interesting way to try to stop a crack

Hey Bill,

I assume this is a Type I, correct? I see signs of vertical hatching and the placement of the Made in USA under Turkish Cymbals appears to be correct for a Type I. 2330 grams seems like a nice weight. I wonder how it sounds.

For a guy who claims he not an expert and is helping out the late owner's daughter, I'm surprised he knew it was a trans stamp and its 1946 to 1953 timeline. He may know more than he's saying.
__________________
Mark
BosLover

Last edited by BosLover; 12-09-2020 at 01:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-09-2020, 01:23 PM
Drumaholic Drumaholic is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,373
Default Re: Interesting way to try to stop a crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BosLover View Post
Hey Bill,

I assume this is a Type I, correct? I see signs of vertical hatching and the placement of the Made in USA under Turkish Cymbals appears to be correct for a Type I. 2330 grams seems like a nice weight. I wonder how it sounds.

For a guy who claims he not an expert and is helping out the late owner's daughter, I'm surprised he knew it was a trans stamp and its 1946 to 1953 timeline. He may know more than he's saying.
Yes you're right. Good eyes especially for such an old guy! Well done!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-09-2020, 04:36 PM
BosLover BosLover is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 1,303
Default Re: Interesting way to try to stop a crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumaholic View Post
Yes you're right. Good eyes especially for such an old guy! Well done!
lol. I guess I had a good teacher.
__________________
Mark
BosLover
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-09-2020, 06:11 PM
Drumaholic Drumaholic is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,373
Default Re: Interesting way to try to stop a crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumaholic View Post
Yes you're right. Good eyes especially for such an old guy! Well done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BosLover View Post
lol. I guess I had a good teacher.


It's getting so you can't even insult somebody these days and get them to be ****ed about it anymore. It's no fun now.
Oh how I pine away for the good old Cymblholic days when we could still have those 3 day long flame wars.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-09-2020, 07:03 PM
BosLover BosLover is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 1,303
Default Re: Interesting way to try to stop a crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumaholic View Post
It's getting so you can't even insult somebody these days and get them to be ****ed about it anymore. It's no fun now.
Oh how I pine away for the good old Cymblholic days when we could still have those 3 day long flame wars.
I still have my thirst for knowledge. However, I can think of better ways to spend my time these days than wasting it arguing about any subject which, in the grand scheme of things, is relatively trivial. As a result I don't miss those flame wars one bit. Of course being an old curmudgeon, I'm sure you enjoyed them.
__________________
Mark
BosLover

Last edited by BosLover; 12-09-2020 at 07:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-10-2020, 01:34 AM
Drumaholic Drumaholic is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,373
Default Re: Interesting way to try to stop a crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BosLover View Post
I still have my thirst for knowledge. However, I can think of better ways to spend my time these days than wasting it arguing about any subject which, in the grand scheme of things, is relatively trivial. As a result I don't miss those flame wars one bit. Of course being an old curmudgeon, I'm sure you enjoyed them.
O.K., well at least I got you to call me "an old curmudgeon" this time; so I feel much better now.

Yes that was satisfying.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-10-2020, 01:54 AM
BosLover BosLover is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 1,303
Default Re: Interesting way to try to stop a crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumaholic View Post
O.K., well at least I got you to call me "an old curmudgeon" this time; so I feel much better now.

Yes that was satisfying.
You are easily pleased!
__________________
Mark
BosLover
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-10-2020, 08:44 AM
Dan Boucher Dan Boucher is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,867
Default Re: Interesting way to try to stop a crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumaholic View Post
Interesting tactic...but unfortunately completely inefectual.

21" trans stamp

I was caught off guard seeing the holes first, which is the correct way to stop a crack. Then I saw the electrical tape. Why he would have used that instead of duct tape is not to be understood.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-10-2020, 08:48 AM
jaghog jaghog is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: chitown
Posts: 5,365
Default Re: Interesting way to try to stop a crack

Maybe because he gets a charge out it lol.....
__________________
1968 pink champagne holly wood and downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies






once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.

Last edited by jaghog; 12-10-2020 at 08:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2021 VSDwebdesign