Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Drums

Old 01-23-2022, 11:47 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Rogers Drums Are Sturdy and HEAVY

THESE DRUMS HAVE BEEN SOLDWe downsized our lives in retirement when we sold our large house to move into a much smaller cottage. Part of that downsizing included thinning the herd of my vintage drum collection. I had thirteen vintage American-made full drum sets plus a few hundred pounds of drum hardware and a couple dozen vintage A Zildjian cymbals. I sold or traded away eight of the drum sets with a little bit of the hardware. But, I have kept five drum sets and every cymbal. I have reached the point that I am ready to sell two of my five drum sets. While doing some reorganizing of my drum collection, I was reminded of how effing heavy mid-1960's Rogers drums are compared with other American-made drums of the same vintage. The Rogers drums of the Swivomatic era are some of the sturdiest drums ever made. The weight corresponds with the sturdiness. I'm a retired guy in moderately good health with a back that feels older than the rest of me. I feel the need for a roadie every time I move my Rogers Top Hat five-piece outfit from one place to another place. This is the main reason that this drum set is being offered for sale. If your back is stronger than mine and/or you have someone to assist you in moving your drums, please contact me to buy this drum set. It is in very good player's condition for $1500. It is listed in the 'for sale' section. Feel free to contact me at fentex5@aol.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jf1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	136042   Click image for larger version

Name:	sell 2.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	136043  

Last edited by leedybdp; 01-25-2022 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Drums are sold
Old 01-23-2022, 12:08 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Rogers Drums Are Sturdy and HEAVY

I'd bet that my Arbiter AT kit is heavier than any other drum set in existence....except for maybe the Carl Palmer stainless steel kit!

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Old 01-23-2022, 03:55 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

I would not have thought that about the lugless Arbiters. What adds the weight? The rims?
Old 01-23-2022, 04:52 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

The rims and the fact that they are TWELVE-PLY maple!

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Old 01-24-2022, 10:49 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Now dat you 'splained it to me, dat makes sense.
Old 01-24-2022, 11:42 PM
DrumBob

Hey Howie...I sent you a PM a while back and never got an answer.
Old 01-25-2022, 08:05 AM

Congrats on completing the sale and the ongoing downsizing!

Tama Superstar 81 SAM bop
Rogers Cleveland BDP, Silver bop, Champagne, Black/Gold Duco, WMP; Dayton Blue Strata, Red Onyx
Camco Oaklawn 12 14 20 5x14 Tuxedo WMP
LW 59 SC blue, WMP
WFL Gold Sparkle SC, Compacto WMP
Gretsch 49/50 Broadkaster WMP
70's MIJ Del Ray, my first and fav ok I'm lying here
Way Too Many Snares, She Says
Old 01-26-2022, 08:03 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedybdp View Post
THESE DRUMS HAVE BEEN SOLDWe downsized our lives in retirement when we sold our large house to move into a much smaller cottage. Part of that downsizing included thinning the herd of my vintage drum collection. I had thirteen vintage American-made full drum sets plus a few hundred pounds of drum hardware and a couple dozen vintage A Zildjian cymbals. I sold or traded away eight of the drum sets with a little bit of the hardware. But, I have kept five drum sets and every cymbal. I have reached the point that I am ready to sell two of my five drum sets. While doing some reorganizing of my drum collection, I was reminded of how effing heavy mid-1960's Rogers drums are compared with other American-made drums of the same vintage. The Rogers drums of the Swivomatic era are some of the sturdiest drums ever made. The weight corresponds with the sturdiness. I'm a retired guy in moderately good health with a back that feels older than the rest of me. I feel the need for a roadie every time I move my Rogers Top Hat five-piece outfit from one place to another place. This is the main reason that this drum set is being offered for sale. If your back is stronger than mine and/or you have someone to assist you in moving your drums, please contact me to buy this drum set. It is in very good player's condition for $1500. It is listed in the 'for sale' section. Feel free to contact me at fentex5@aol.com
I see you did downsize after all (at least for a moment). The lavender flames seem a fitting replacement.