Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 114.83090%

Obp ringo snare

From larryz

I wish. Though one could have any different kinds of OBP snares, right? Ringo played a few different kinds 1963-1970?

Ringo used the same snare (his first OBP Jazz festival) on everything from the time he got it until the Beatles ended. As mentioned he had another one (possibly two others) but for whatever reason he only seems to have used his original. That drum is readily identifiable by the placement of the badge and the pattern of the wrap and it turns up in literally EVERY photo where the snare is visible, whether on tour or in the studio. Ringo continued to use it even with his Thermogloss maple "Hollywood" set during the later years.

It should be considered the single most important snare drum in history since it alone was on so many important recordings and/or concert events.

Here's a picture I took of it from when it was on display with the "Ed Sullivan" set (yes it was used on that show too) when the drums were on display at the Grammy Museum eight years ago.

1 attachments
Posted on 1 year ago

I have a 1964 Pioneer, the "poor man's version" as K.O. so aptly put. It lacks a little in depth and has two less lugs, but the wrap is beautiful. It's a great snare.

Posted on 1 year ago

From Cochlea

I have a 1964 Pioneer, the "poor man's version" as K.O. so aptly put. It lacks a little in depth and has two less lugs, but the wrap is beautiful. It's a great snare.

Yes, they'll do the trick quite nicely...

1 attachments
Posted on 1 year ago

I have two Oyster Black Pearl Pioneers. That's as close as I am likely to get, but i like them.

Collecting information about the following for ongoing research projects:
Gretsch drums with serial numbers,
Ludwig Keystone and B/O badge drums with serial numbers and date stamps,
Ludwig Standards from 1968-73, and
Ludwigs with paper labels from 1971-72
www.GretschDrumDatingGuide.com
Posted on 1 year ago

I recently acquired a third Pioneer. This one is pre-serial number (no date stamp) and has the short arm version of the P-83.

1 attachments
Collecting information about the following for ongoing research projects:
Gretsch drums with serial numbers,
Ludwig Keystone and B/O badge drums with serial numbers and date stamps,
Ludwig Standards from 1968-73, and
Ludwigs with paper labels from 1971-72
www.GretschDrumDatingGuide.com
Posted on 7 months ago

I'd like to hit a Like button, these snares are beautiful.

Posted on 7 months ago
Action Another action Something else here