Vintage Drum Forum

Vintage Drum Forum (http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/index.php)
-   General Drum Questions (http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Charlie Watts---Trixon drums?? (http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=66862)

MME 02-15-2021 03:14 PM

Charlie Watts---Trixon drums??
 
I found an old picture of the stones playing at a TV station in 1964.In Omaha so I am guessing their first tour. Damn if Charlie has a set of Trixon Alligator wrap drums. I thought he was a gretsch man .

I also played a indoor gig last week.First indoor gig since march 2020.

Pedal_Pusher 02-17-2021 10:55 AM

Re: Charlie Watts---Trixon drums??
 
Where did they get alligators to cover drums in Germany? Maybe it was Danube crocodiles.... (sorry I couldn't help it)

patrick 02-17-2021 04:28 PM

Re: Charlie Watts---Trixon drums??
 
Hard to figure. You can see all sorts of pics of British drummers on Trixon, bandmates playing through Orange amps etc, from European performances where the stage gear was provided.

But, Omaha, with the Alligator wrap, you wonder how common a Trixon kit could be out there. Perhaps a loaner from another band locally or on tour with the Stones.

diamond 03-03-2021 05:34 AM

Re: Charlie Watts---Trixon drums??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MME (Post 466523)
I found an old picture of the stones playing at a TV station in 1964.In Omaha so I am guessing their first tour. Damn if Charlie has a set of Trixon Alligator wrap drums. I thought he was a gretsch man .

I also played a indoor gig last week.First indoor gig since march 2020.

hi buddy...can you send over a photo please?

grantro 03-11-2021 05:11 PM

Re: Charlie Watts---Trixon drums??
 
I would like to see the pic also...

Cheers

idrum4fun 03-12-2021 08:10 AM

Re: Charlie Watts---Trixon drums??
 
2 Attachment(s)
Found these two pictures of Charlie playing the Trixon drums in question!

-Mark

grantro 03-12-2021 08:31 AM

Re: Charlie Watts---Trixon drums??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by idrum4fun (Post 466933)
Found these two pictures of Charlie playing the Trixon drums in question!

-Mark

Awesome!! I`m guessing that the Trixon was a backline kit?

Cheers

idrum4fun 03-12-2021 01:25 PM

Re: Charlie Watts---Trixon drums??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by grantro (Post 466934)
Awesome!! I`m guessing that the Trixon was a backline kit?

Cheers

That would be my guess. The venue most likely already had the Trixon set and probably many of the guitar amplifiers already set up and ready to go. I've no doubt that Mr. Watts made those Trixon drums sound great!

-Mark

grantro 03-12-2021 02:39 PM

Re: Charlie Watts---Trixon drums??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by idrum4fun (Post 466935)
I've no doubt that Mr. Watts made those Trixon drums sound great!

-Mark

Yes, I totally agree with your statement...

Cheers


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2009 VSDwebdesign