Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > DRUM IMAGE GALLERY > Drum Set Gallery

Nur für Mitglieder!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:32 PM

Default Re: '68 Ludwig "Hollywood" Set

an absolutely amazing looking set, WOW!!!!
i want one, too!!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:00 PM

Sweet kit! Kudos on hanging onto the original hardware. Yours is a bit more subtle than my Mod Orange kit, but not by much! Do you play them regularly?
Old 04-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Man, between the Mod Orange and the Psych red, I'm starting to have a flashback!!!!

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Old 04-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Smile Re: '68 Ludwig "Hollywood" Set

I don't know... looks like re-wrapped Japan stencil to me......

APRIL FOOLS!!!

Man'o man I got to get me a set of them Ludwig drums!!
Old 04-02-2009, 11:07 AM

Very very nice! Plenty of green left in those babies for sure! Here is my Dec 12th 1968 psych red rock duo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lud%20collect%20001%20%282%29.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	5854  
Old 04-02-2009, 12:03 PM

Cool Re: '68 Ludwig "Hollywood" Set

Danster: After not playing for far too many years, I've vowed to devote much more time to the things that really matter to me (including drumming) now that I'm retired.

wflkurt: Wow, your Duo's are obviously closely related to mine. However, my left foot would be lost in space if I tried to play your set. BTW, I read on another thread that the green colors have a tendency to fade, but I sure haven't detected anything of the sort with mine. Being located in the northern part of the country, I have always had them in a basement rec room over the years, so maybe that's helped to minimize the effect of sunlight.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Last edited by Trapper1; 04-02-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:22 PM

Trapper,

Good luck getting back into it! I didn't play much for about 25 years after graduating from college but joined up with some semi-serious musicians about a year ago. It's been great. I'm even practicing my rudiments again -- and teaching my 9 year-old son to play. It's never too late!

Danster
Old 04-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danster63 View Post
Trapper,

Good luck getting back into it! I didn't play much for about 25 years after graduating from college but joined up with some semi-serious musicians about a year ago. It's been great. I'm even practicing my rudiments again -- and teaching my 9 year-old son to play. It's never too late!

Danster
I agree with you there....its never too late to go back. I put playing down for a long time as well.....18 years or so......I decided to pick it up again about 2 years ago and haven't looked back. I have more fun now i think than I did then!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper1 View Post
Danster: After not playing for far too many years, I've vowed to devote much more time to the things that really matter to me (including drumming) now that I'm retired.

wflkurt: Wow, your Duo's are obviously closely related to mine. However, my left foot would be lost in space if I tried to play your set. BTW, I read on another thread that the green colors have a tendency to fade, but I sure haven't detected anything of the sort with mine. Being located in the northern part of the country, I have always had them in a basement rec room over the years, so maybe that's helped to minimize the effect of sunlight.

Thanks for the kind comments.
Yes you are very lucky. The greens in those sets are notorious for turning white. They look pretty bad after that. You have managed to keep your set in fine condition which really helps it's value. Mod orange also fades as well. The purple colors tend to turn sort of greyish or white. They must definately be kept out of direct sunlight.