Sonorus snare drum, made in Belgium. WMP. About 13,5 inch. Nickelplated hardware. Pretty good original state. I only cleaned the nickel, it was severely patinated.
Sonorus Belgian snare drum
Vintage and custom drum projects:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...2305272732%3A6
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...2305272732%3A6
Posted on 11 years ago
#1
Posts: 5378
Threads: 87
Loading...
A beauty too! Such a cool snare what is the shell made of? LOL I know wood but type and plys? Love the lugs sort of look like Slingerland beavertails. How's it sound?
Glenn.
Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago
#2
Posts: 11974
Threads: 579
Loading...
Really nice snare drum. I Like the full dress touch.
Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 11 years ago
#3
Posts: 1298
Threads: 147
Loading...
Wow! Neat drum! Stedi's Belgian drums fascinate me to no end. Cool rare stuff. If I ever get to go back to Belgium i'm going drum hunting!
1964 Ludwig Champagne Super Classic
1970 Ludwig Blue Oyster Super Classic
1977 Rogers Big R Londoner 5 ebony
1972/1978 Rogers Powertone/Big R mix ebony
60's Ludwig Supersensitive
Pearl B4514 COB snare ( the SC snare)
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods
Sabians, Paistes, Zildjians, Zyns, UFIPs, MIJs etc
Item may be subject to change!
1970 Ludwig Blue Oyster Super Classic
1977 Rogers Big R Londoner 5 ebony
1972/1978 Rogers Powertone/Big R mix ebony
60's Ludwig Supersensitive
Pearl B4514 COB snare ( the SC snare)
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods
Sabians, Paistes, Zildjians, Zyns, UFIPs, MIJs etc
Item may be subject to change!
Posted on 11 years ago
#4
Posts: 547
Threads: 67
Loading...
@glenn,
Not sure, but looks like birch. Sure about: 3 ply, with pretty thick beech re-rings.
the sound is very dry. Not so interesting, but its more a display snare anyway.
Vintage and custom drum projects:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...2305272732%3A6
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...2305272732%3A6
Posted on 11 years ago
#5
Posts: 9086
Threads: 266
Loading...
I love that drum! I wouldn't care what it sounded like. It's like a painfully beautiful woman, brains don't matter if she makes you drool when you look at her! :D
John
Posted on 11 years ago
#6
- Share
- Report