Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Wanted to Buy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-25-2013, 09:41 AM
superace05 superace05 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 63
Default Slingerland Radio King

Looking for a cloud badge WMP Radio king set 13/16/24.

Not worried about how yellow the wrap is or any other cosmetic issues.

Anyone??
__________________
1963 Gretsch Anniversary spark 13,16,20
1969 Gretsch Moonglow 20/12.14
1960s Gretsch Tangerine Spark 20/12/14
1950s Gretsch Anniversary Spark Floorshow snare
1960s Gretsch Champ Spark Max Roach 3 ply snare
1940s Gretsch Oriental Pearl Rocket lug snare
1960s Gretsch COB
1958 Ludwig Black Oyster 22/13/16
1964 Ludwig Black Diamond Pearl 22/13/16
1959 Ludwig Trans badge COB
1930s Ludwig and Ludwig WMP 28/13/16
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-26-2013, 01:07 PM
KC Sundog KC Sundog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Default Re: Slingerland Radio King

I have this incredible 1940's Radio King kit.
https://s-media-cache-ec8.pinimg.com...415985b826.jpg

All original hardware, except bass spurs, to my knowledge.

Wraps are in great shape and have aged to that fantastic "butterscotch" color. Fade is consistent across all three drums. 24-13-16. Also have the original Radio-King stamped calfskin heads for the 13 & 16.

https://s-media-cache-ec2.pinimg.com...ba30d6b856.jpg

All chrome has been re-plated to a brilliant finish - I was told that was done sometime in the 1990's. I bought this fully restored, did not do the work myself. Shells and bearing edges are in good shape.

An unbelievable example of a 40's vintage Radio King Krupa Signature. Looks and sounds great. I have gigged out with it a few times. Does not disappoint.

It's part of my personal collection. Not openly selling, but would consider a sale for the right home. This kit deserves to be appreciated and played. My primary gig kit is a 1959 Gretsch Round Badge WMP.

$4k would take the 24-13-16 shell pack and 3 calfskin heads. Free Shipping in US.

See my collection on pinterest at SUNDOG Vintage Drums. I am a hobby vintage collector, restorer -- not a business.

Let me know if you like to talk more. Thanks!
Bryan - Kansas City
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:41 AM
FFR428 FFR428 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CT.
Posts: 3,907
Default Re: Slingerland Radio King

Check the for sale section. VDF member Gutenberg is selling a WMP RK kit. REAL good price on it. Might be back a page or 3.
__________________
Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.

www.dgncustomguitars.com

Last edited by FFR428; 02-27-2013 at 04:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-27-2013, 04:44 AM
FFR428 FFR428 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CT.
Posts: 3,907
Default Re: Slingerland Radio King

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=35548

^^^^ here.
__________________
Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.

www.dgncustomguitars.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-27-2013, 11:29 AM
superace05 superace05 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 63
Default Re: Slingerland Radio King

Thanks Guys!

What a stunning Radio King KC Sundog but a little out of my price range


The other Radio King set is a great price but as im a smaller in height i don't think i would be able to see over the top of the hoop when sitting behind that monster. hahaha!!!

Thanks but a 24 is as big as i can go.
__________________
1963 Gretsch Anniversary spark 13,16,20
1969 Gretsch Moonglow 20/12.14
1960s Gretsch Tangerine Spark 20/12/14
1950s Gretsch Anniversary Spark Floorshow snare
1960s Gretsch Champ Spark Max Roach 3 ply snare
1940s Gretsch Oriental Pearl Rocket lug snare
1960s Gretsch COB
1958 Ludwig Black Oyster 22/13/16
1964 Ludwig Black Diamond Pearl 22/13/16
1959 Ludwig Trans badge COB
1930s Ludwig and Ludwig WMP 28/13/16
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-27-2013, 11:37 AM
blairndrums blairndrums is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,805
Default Re: Slingerland Radio King

Talked to a friend in Indy last night that has a 24,13,16 RK set he MIGHT sell soon..

$850 if he wants to flip..

Outsides have been painted white for some reason....no extra holes.
__________________
"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-27-2013, 12:43 PM
superace05 superace05 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 63
Default Re: Slingerland Radio King

That sounds great! is it a 40s set?

If it is i would be most interested, im not bothered about the shells being painted on the outsides.

Please let me know when he wants to sell.

Many thanks,

David
__________________
1963 Gretsch Anniversary spark 13,16,20
1969 Gretsch Moonglow 20/12.14
1960s Gretsch Tangerine Spark 20/12/14
1950s Gretsch Anniversary Spark Floorshow snare
1960s Gretsch Champ Spark Max Roach 3 ply snare
1940s Gretsch Oriental Pearl Rocket lug snare
1960s Gretsch COB
1958 Ludwig Black Oyster 22/13/16
1964 Ludwig Black Diamond Pearl 22/13/16
1959 Ludwig Trans badge COB
1930s Ludwig and Ludwig WMP 28/13/16
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-27-2013, 12:46 PM
jespo jespo is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Western MA
Posts: 128
Default Re: Slingerland Radio King

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Sundog View Post
I have this incredible 1940's Radio King kit.
https://s-media-cache-ec8.pinimg.com...415985b826.jpg

All original hardware, except bass spurs, to my knowledge.

Wraps are in great shape and have aged to that fantastic "butterscotch" color. Fade is consistent across all three drums. 24-13-16. Also have the original Radio-King stamped calfskin heads for the 13 & 16.

https://s-media-cache-ec2.pinimg.com...ba30d6b856.jpg

All chrome has been re-plated to a brilliant finish - I was told that was done sometime in the 1990's. I bought this fully restored, did not do the work myself. Shells and bearing edges are in good shape.

An unbelievable example of a 40's vintage Radio King Krupa Signature. Looks and sounds great. I have gigged out with it a few times. Does not disappoint.

It's part of my personal collection. Not openly selling, but would consider a sale for the right home. This kit deserves to be appreciated and played. My primary gig kit is a 1959 Gretsch Round Badge WMP.

$4k would take the 24-13-16 shell pack and 3 calfskin heads. Free Shipping in US.

See my collection on pinterest at SUNDOG Vintage Drums. I am a hobby vintage collector, restorer -- not a business.

Let me know if you like to talk more. Thanks!
Bryan - Kansas City
Very nice Sundog!!! I have a few RK sets. Yours is a very fine example of a perfect RK kit.
__________________
Walberg and Auge: http://www.walbergandauge.com/
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-27-2013, 12:53 PM
blairndrums blairndrums is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,805
Default Re: Slingerland Radio King

Quote:
Originally Posted by superace05 View Post
That sounds great! is it a 40s set?

If it is i would be most interested, im not bothered about the shells being painted on the outsides.

Please let me know when he wants to sell.

Many thanks,

David
AFAIK,it's a 40's kit...I'll ask him today....
__________________
"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-27-2013, 09:13 PM
FFR428 FFR428 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CT.
Posts: 3,907
Default Re: Slingerland Radio King

Quote:
Originally Posted by jespo View Post
Very nice Sundog!!! I have a few RK sets. Yours is a very fine example of a perfect RK kit.
X's 2 those are real beautys. Chrome is soooo nice. Shine on the wrap looks miles deep.
__________________
Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.

www.dgncustomguitars.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2009 VSDwebdesign