Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 106.81420%

Slingerland Help

Hello to all,

First post and all that. I've been looking for bass drum spurs for a 1967

20" x 14" Sound King I believe and also legs for 1967 14"x16" floor tom. So far with no luck. Does anyone know of any alternatives, for example will, ludwig, gretsch parts fit.

thanks.

Posted on 16 years ago

[COLOR="Navy"]stevep:

These items really do come up on a fairly regular basis in the vintage market, and certainly on eBay. So depending on how quickly you need them and how much determination you may have in a bidding context, you can eventually succeed. In any case, for alternatives, any brand with not more than 3/8" diameter would probably work. There is always a manufacturing tolerance issue, so even with other brands at 3/8", only the check of the fit when you get them will tell for sure.

Good luck!

DrCJW[/COLOR]

Posted on 16 years ago

Steve,

I just purchased a pair of Slingerland spurs for a '66 Stage Band 20" bass from Palmetto Music, web site; [email]palmettomusic@mindspring.com[/email]. Owner was friendly and most informative/helpful as their are spur length differences between bass drum diameters. Very reasonable prices too. Give them a try. Good luck

Regards

Don S

Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks guys.

I'll try both suggestions.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Steve.

Posted on 16 years ago