Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Drums

Old 06-08-2012, 11:14 AM

Default Vintage Vistalite Pattern F - pricing

I bought this kit when I was in high school and have been using it since...so it has some miles on it. All of the chrome is in excellent-good condition, and there are no major scratches on the shells (a few scuffs here or there). I have the full matching kit (BD, SD, 2 toms, floor tom) as well as the "Speed King" bass pedal, the hi-hat pedal, and one cymbal stand (with original blue/olive sticker). It also comes with all of the original hardware which is still completely functional. The snare drum and first rack tom are in near mint-condition.

The downside is that the second rack tom, floor tom, and bass drum have all needed to be reinforced throughout the years. It looks like someone tried to glue two of the slats on the second rack tom, and then braced quite a few on the floor tom/BD.

Any ideas on how much all of that together would be worth to someone?
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SD.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	44328   Click image for larger version

Name:	rack tom 2.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	44329   Click image for larger version

Name:	rack 1.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	44330   Click image for larger version

Name:	SD badge.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	44331  

Click image for larger version

Name:	BD inside.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	44332  
Old 06-09-2012, 02:58 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Vintage Vistalite Pattern F - pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyletraska View Post
I bought this kit when I was in high school and have been using it since...so it has some miles on it. All of the chrome is in excellent-good condition, and there are no major scratches on the shells (a few scuffs here or there). I have the full matching kit (BD, SD, 2 toms, floor tom) as well as the "Speed King" bass pedal, the hi-hat pedal, and one cymbal stand (with original blue/olive sticker). It also comes with all of the original hardware which is still completely functional. The snare drum and first rack tom are in near mint-condition.

The downside is that the second rack tom, floor tom, and bass drum have all needed to be reinforced throughout the years. It looks like someone tried to glue two of the slats on the second rack tom, and then braced quite a few on the floor tom/BD.

Any ideas on how much all of that together would be worth to someone?
Thanks!
I would say you money is on the snare drum.Its looks to be a 6.5x14 if its in good condition.I wouldsay 400.00+ on the snare alone that is a hard size and pattern to come by.The good mounted tom maybe 150.00+ but for floor tom other mounted tom and bass maybe 400.00 for all 3 drums.With that repair work that kills the price.If your drums were all in the same condition as your snare and tom that would be a 2,000.00+ set...Mikey
Old 06-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Contributing Member

I picked up one of these sets (22", 12", 13", 16") for my son with a bunch of hardware for very cheap due to the bass drum essentially being in pieces. Toms are all in very good shape but no snare. Still trying to figure out the best way to fix the bass drum.

Scott
Old 06-10-2012, 01:53 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerronScott View Post
I picked up one of these sets (22", 12", 13", 16") for my son with a bunch of hardware for very cheap due to the bass drum essentially being in pieces. Toms are all in very good shape but no snare. Still trying to figure out the best way to fix the bass drum.

Scott
Scott,You can always get a replacement shell from RCI i think they still make this pattern.Iam not sure of the price you can get the shell un-drilled or drilled for Ludwig hardwear.If you have never worked on these shells before you be better off to let them drill it for you.Iam thinking the price is 300.00+ for a 22" shell..Mikey
Old 06-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Contributing Member

Mikey,

Yes, that was the other reason that I bought the kit as even if I had to buy a a new bass drum shell, I wouldn't have all that much invested. I paid $475 and it came with a far amount of other hardware (Pearl double-bass pedal, seat, hi-hat stand, Pulse snare, cheap Sabian cymbals and 2 cymbal stands). I've already sold the B8 hi-hat cymbals for $50 so I'm down to $425 invested.

The price for a new pattern F bass shell is a lot more though than $300 though.

Shell $365
Upgrade for pattern F $316
Bearing edge $15
Drilling $95 (?)

Total $791

When I first looked at the pricing I didn't catch that the costs under the patterns were upgrades to the standard shell costs.

Scott