Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > General Drum Questions

Old 06-13-2011, 05:02 AM

Default Problems with Cherie Willoughby

Hi All,

I am new to the forum but wanted to see if any of you can help.

I live in Scotland and had been looking for a RB Gretsch kit for a while. A friend of mine told me about Cherie's site Reprecussion. I went online and looked at the kits. Found a 20/12/14 silver sparkle that looked good, so starting emailing Cherie.

Agreed with Cherie I could pay the kit up, I paid the last instalment in Nov 2010 and Cherie said she would ship the kit in the next couple of weeks.

Its now June 2011 and still no kit, I have emailed and tried calling Cherie but she last responded to me in April 2011 to say she was just finishing the kit off and would send in the next 2 weeks. Still no kit, when I call her it just says mail box full.

Any ideas what to do next, anyone else had these problems with her?

Thanks for any help, I'm getting really frustrated by the whole thing.

Cheers,
Old 06-13-2011, 06:01 AM
Advanced Member

Default Re: Problems with Cherie Willoughby

I had the same problem once and had to file a claim to get my money back via paypal...

Their is someone named Jes that was on this forum and worked with Cherie. Here is a thread where he gives some different contact options that you might try.....

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/show...ht=wool+beater

I am sorry for the situation you are in and hope this helps!
Old 06-13-2011, 09:59 AM

Hi,

Thanks very much for that, I'll drop Jes an email and see if I can get any communication from him.

Cheers,
David
Old 06-13-2011, 11:58 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Makes you wonder what makes certain types tick?!!...He/she should be ashamed of him/her self!!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:00 AM

Angry Re: Problems with Cherie Willoughby

Yes, the more I look and speak to people on the forums a lot seem to have had a bad experience with getting goods from Cherie.

How can you run a business like that, appreciate she is busy but if you have just paid a lot of money for a kit you don't expect to have to wait over 6 months for it. !
Old 06-14-2011, 07:17 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

I've done biz with her and had no issues whatsoever. I'm of the opinion that most of her dealings are copecetic and spiffy. It's the rare rough deal that gets aired. The same happened to one of our own ... Mikey got nailed for a rough bit of timing. 99.998% of his dealings go down smoother than a raw oyster, but we heard about the rare few here.
Life happens and people are fallible. Unless criminal intent is front and center, just chalk it up to drawing the short statistical straw of business deals. We've all been there at one time or another.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

DW, I've had good dealings with Cherie as well, and I agree with Roger about only the bad transactions coming to light.
Man, 7 months is a hecku long to wait for your outfit though. I cannot find her telephone number, I switched phones recently and didn't transfer that number evidently.
Maybe PM Tommyp (moderator) or Webmaster here on the forum, perhaps they have her phone number?
Kev
Old 06-14-2011, 02:58 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Agree things happen, things fall through the cracks and those things get picked up and fixed (hopefully in a short time). All's good. You're still running a business though and communication should be maintained with the customer. Unless it's a one-man show, someone should be in contact regarding such an aged transaction. Fancy leather couches from Tibet arrive sooner. How many weeks between contact (for real, not a poke)?

Hope you're playing your new kit soon. All her sets look amazing. I think they're members on the Gretsch Woodshed. Maybe contact through there? I sometimes check Repercussions' site for updates, but see nothing's happened. I only wish them the best and look forward to another viable vintage drum supplier to go to.

B
Old 06-14-2011, 07:21 PM

Wow good luck mate you must be having kittens by now. I bought a kit through Ebay years ago from the U.S.(I live in GB) and I spent the entire time panicking for days and days until it turned up. I swear I will never do it again!
I know my comments don't help, but I wish you all the best with this.