Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > General Drum Questions

Old 07-24-2010, 09:36 PM

Default Atlas Pro II Hi Hat cymbal

Hi, Does anyone know anything about this brand of cymbal? I know they are made in Italy They were on a low end PDP set with some B8'S and a 20" AAX metal ride I picked up for $200. They are med- heavy hat and sound cool!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	atlas1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	18589   Click image for larger version

Name:	atlas2.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	18590  
Old 08-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Contributing Member

Default Re: Atlas Pro II Hi Hat cymbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by morcwbl View Post
Hi, Does anyone know anything about this brand of cymbal? I know they are made in Italy They were on a low end PDP set with some B8'S and a 20" AAX metal ride I picked up for $200. They are med- heavy hat and sound cool!
I believe it's from an Italian Cymbal manufacturer called UFIP. UFIP cymbals are known for their extraordinarily rich timbre and for their great adaptability to all musical genres and styles, but also for their higher than usual prices for professional cymbals.

Over the years UFIP has made various cymbals for different importers. Atlas was one of the American importers. I believe the Atlas cymbals were a well made mid-line and student cymbal. They are nice but not as nice and expensive as UFIPs branded cymbals.

The UFIP website won't give you any info on the cymbals UFIP made for other companies so it's kind of "impossible" (if you will) to find information about them.

They are RARE. I say it's a good find. It's a cymbal that you can brag about owning in my opinion
Zildjian/Paiste - Remo - Pro Mark/Vic Firth

Last edited by warwormx; 08-03-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:55 PM

Thanks so much! I had a feeling that they were of good quality due to the weight and sound. They work well with the classic rock and blues that I play. I had planned on keeping these no matter what the outcome. Eric
Old 08-04-2010, 12:30 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morcwbl View Post
Thanks so much! I had a feeling that they were of good quality due to the weight and sound. They work well with the classic rock and blues that I play. I had planned on keeping these no matter what the outcome. Eric
No problem buddy
Zildjian/Paiste - Remo - Pro Mark/Vic Firth

Old 02-09-2013, 08:39 PM
Contributing Member

Although the UFIP name has been known on its cymbals throughout the world for a long time, up until 1988, they were always markets in the U.S. under other names. I believe the Atlas II Pro and Atlas II Pro Specials were like the A/K or AA/HH lines of cymbals. B20 alloy. They did make regular Atlas cymbals and Atlas Pegasus cymbals that were lower lines. Just by the looks, they were most likely B12 or B8.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:08 AM

I recently acquired a set of Atlas hi-hats. They look the same as yours except, they say B8 'Special Formula'. They do sound cool.