Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Drums

Old 06-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Pictures of Naked Women

My friend bought an old slingerland (looks like, no badge) and the wrap is yellowed (looks like it once was white) with black line drawings of naked women, not lude just like classic style kind of chubby women. He insists it's all original, he picked it up from a junk shop in upstate NY for $100 bucks. I've never seen a wrap like this and it does look old. Anyone seen or heard of this wrap?
Old 06-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to jonnistix
Default Re: Pictures of Naked Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdrummer View Post
My friend bought an old slingerland (looks like, no badge) and the wrap is yellowed (looks like it once was white) with black line drawings of naked women, not lude just like classic style kind of chubby women. He insists it's all original, he picked it up from a junk shop in upstate NY for $100 bucks. I've never seen a wrap like this and it does look old. Anyone seen or heard of this wrap?
Very hard to find, if not almost impossible. This would be a 20s or 30s wrap, and the front head should also have a similar drawing, unless it was torn at some point. Very cool, Can you get us some pix, this is rare find and should be documented and saved for posterity as future generations will need it for verification and collector information.
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Old 06-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

That's a common mistake. It's actually Tex Avery characters done in outline. He was a fairly big jazz fan back in the day and he created an interesting wrap for some of his favorite musicians. If you look closely, you will see Droopy, Porky Pig, Daffy Duck, The Wolf, and the Frito Bandito. Of course, the presence of ******s can be disconcerting, but that's classic Tex. What a card. Keep it and play it. Nice old wrap.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Would love to see it!
Old 06-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

nice title

Old 06-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjnic View Post
That's a common mistake. It's actually Tex Avery characters done in outline. He was a fairly big jazz fan back in the day and he created an interesting wrap for some of his favorite musicians. If you look closely, you will see Droopy, Porky Pig, Daffy Duck, The Wolf, and the Frito Bandito. Of course, the presence of ******s can be disconcerting, but that's classic Tex. What a card. Keep it and play it. Nice old wrap.
Word is that Eric Estrada was actually the voice of the Frito Bandito