Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > General Drum Questions

Old 08-21-2019, 09:45 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Let's see your drum room!!

Hey! I appreciate the mention of the Drumgeon early on. Lately mine has become a true dungeon... crap piled on crap. Really bothering me but I had to relocate the stereo out of the little manís grasp.

Iíve been working with a big band lately (better than nothing and fun at times) and of all the fancy snare drums I have, guess which one is pulling duty?

Since I canít resize photos easily from the phone, Iíll explain the room. You walk in via a door thatís been cut down. Watch your head! Once in, hit the light switch on the left wall. I have modern ish halogen track lighting that looks a bit like a bunch of microphones so it works.

Just to the right as you come in, you have an exquisite view of the small boiler that heats the ďtv roomĒ and office spaces above. Stepping in, you are faced with the black kit. Set up with whatever snare Iím in the mood for, and some cymbals. I can actually play it, although these days itís in cases a lot ready to roll out.

If you now turn to your right, you see that I extended the wall which hides the boiler straight back to the wall. The chimney foundation is here, so I built around that and rather than have dead space just to have a straight wall, I built in some shelves. The left side of the shelf (will be) typical adjustable shelves for drum heads and books. On the right side of the divider, I made a 15Ē wide space, which will also get adjustable shelves. This is specifically for snare drums.

On the wall across from the shelves is an exhaust fan. There are no windows in this ~10X12 room so it gets hot fast. The fan does a good job.

So, did you guess which snare Iíve been using?
Snares:
Yamaha COS SDM5; Yamaha Cobalt Blue RC 5-1/2x14; Gretsch round badge WMP; 1972 Ludwig Acrolite; 1978 Ludwig Super Sensitive; Cobalt Blue one-off Montineri; Yamaha Oak (6X13!); DW collectors 5-1/2X14 maple; cheap 3.5X13 brass piccolo
Old 08-25-2019, 08:19 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrum4fun View Post
Here's my Drum Room!

-Mark
OOOOoooo Mark! It looks great!
Catherine
Old 08-25-2019, 08:23 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUMR69 View Post
My before and after storage room pictures.
Missing a few sets that have been added since these were taken
Used staging that I had and plastic shelves from Lowes.
Working on an actual drum room in my garage also wjung. Good luck with your project.
Nice room Mark, great ideas.

Wayne
WoW!
Catherine
Old 08-25-2019, 08:28 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBall View Post
Just could not put them back into the closet while this room stays empty until Sept. So I have my drum room now this is all I'll do today. I had them in here before but were set up different. I might like this way best.

Hey what is in that bass?
Catherine