Default Re: VADRUMS - Buyer Beware
18 months! I would have been so ****ed off
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:54 PM

I do not see the logic of booting someone off of a drum history forum for being an alleged bad seller of vintage drums and parts. If this was EBAY then sure, but this is a drum history forum. If you are of sound mind and body and still willing to send your money to someone you have never met in person, hoping he is a "good guy" based off of his random posts, then the burden is all yours to carry. Caveat emptor!!

have a wonderful evening

drumhack

Last edited by drumhack; 04-17-2010 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Contributing Member

drumhack, while what you say is naturally true, remeber that the forum does actually have a section dedicated to trading activities, and therefore I think it's in the best interest for all parties to have this kind of feedback and the moderators taking some kind of action at least in such 'exceptional' cases.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Sad but true...buyer beware!..There is always someone out there that needs to be avoided,even on forums.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

My VADRUMS (Thomas Mintz) story...........can I say that??

I bought some vintage Gretsch parts from Tom just before Christmas - over $300 worth. We traded emails and had some good conversation and I received my drum parts in a timely manner - very competative pricing too.

Then.........in Feb. I bought one small part - $15. I've received nothing so far..........and all my emails go unanwered. Kind of strange....I had no trouble with the large order.........but he skips with the $15. Got to be something else going on there. I hope he's alright and not having some kind of crisis in his life. I only wish good for the guy and hope all this clears up in a positive way.

I recently tried to contact his business partner - that's where I sent the money.......nothing back yet.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Contributing Member

Kona, it seems that we're in pretty much the same situation. My second purchase from him was also made by the end of January. I excluded the possibility of him having some big personal problems when I checked his profile here on VDF and saw he was having regular activity. I also included Croce, his 'partner' in the c.c. to some of my last and still unanswered emails. I even sent Tom a payment request through Paypal in order to get my money back after all of this, but I gues it's not neccessary to state the outcome.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

I do agree that we should be understanding and patient. We are not aware of the rough roads others travel at times. But - if that person is visiting the places (forums) and such, and is flat out ignoring the pleas to communicate ... well then, that's a poop of a different color. That's bad, bad stuff. I wouldn't do any business or even attempt a gentlemanly conversation with that individual. No excuses for that garbage. Just bad people.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

I agree with you and fllx here.
It's just a little puzzling to me that's all. Unless he's not who he says he is and is just scamming everyone?? I mean - wow - there's a lot more money to be made with a whole lot less effort on his part. Just don't get it. And I'm not naive - I've been on the planet for 60+ years. He seemed like a nice enough fellow in his emails. It may be something like he's spreading himself too thin with other work (Acting/Drumming) and has gotten over his head with all this - it does take time and you have to manage it efficiently. Some are just better at it than others.
Don't get me wrong here - I'm not in any way defending Tom's actions regarding all this. I just hope it can come to a good ending.

My wife and I are going on a road trip in the next year or so.........big deal retirement-type trip around the good ole USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjnic View Post
I do agree that we should be understanding and patient. We are not aware of the rough roads others travel at times. But - if that person is visiting the places (forums) and such, and is flat out ignoring the pleas to communicate ... well then, that's a poop of a different color. That's bad, bad stuff. I wouldn't do any business or even attempt a gentlemanly conversation with that individual. No excuses for that garbage. Just bad people.

Last edited by Webmaster; 04-20-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:10 PM
Contributing Member

Good news, Tom has finally replied. I really hope to post a happy ending to this story soon.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

There really can't be a happy ending. The damage is done. It can only be 'not as bad as it could have been'.