Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Drums

Old 07-06-2019, 10:34 AM
Contributing Member

Default Big-R Rogers Kit Value?

Hi folks,

Any informed opinions on the value of this Rogers kit would be most welcome. Ad description is a bit brief and the pictures are poor but let me know what you think.

https://www.usedvictoria.com/classif...m-Kit_33065130

Looks to me like a 5-piece Big-R (late '70s Londoner?) with an unknown snare (6-lug?) and usable hardware and cymbals.

Thanks!
Old 07-06-2019, 12:09 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Big-R Rogers Kit Value?

I recently sold a 3 piece set in white (12-16-22) locally for $300 USD ($430 AUD) to give you an idea of our side of the water. Check SOLD listings on eBay for something similar to see what the market might be in Australia when making an offer.

Looks clean and complete. Can you find out what cymbals are included? They might be worth couple of hundred $ as well. Need to consider shipping into your offer if not loacal for you.

Note the use of SYMBOL in description - might give some clue to seller "thinking".
Old 07-06-2019, 03:08 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing amosguy. BTW, I'm in Canada, not Australia. Similar $ conversion rate though. I've reached out to the seller to find out what the cymbals and snare are. Interested in the kit for a friend who has a daughter playing drums and looking for a good acoustic kit. The kit is local, which is good! Cheers!
Old 07-06-2019, 05:59 PM
Advanced Member

Those are in nice condition, I'm sure that is an 8 lug snare, the pics are small, and blurry when I try to enlarge them
Old 07-06-2019, 10:17 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstange1 View Post
Thanks for sharing amosguy. BTW, I'm in Canada, not Australia. Similar $ conversion rate though.
Sorry. Have relatives in Australia - in Victoria. Got excited and confused at the same time. Happens a lot in my house!
Old 07-06-2019, 10:20 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstange1 View Post
Thanks for sharing amosguy. BTW, I'm in Canada, not Australia. Similar $ conversion rate though.
Sorry. Have relatives in Australia - in Victoria. Got excited and confused at the same time. Happens a lot in my house!

And thought Sooke sounded familiar as we have friends there. But then, I found out there is a Redmond in Western Australia when working on a deal from my drums a while back. Both got a good chuckle out of that.