Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > General Drum Questions

Old 03-16-2020, 01:28 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Hope All Are Well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyringo View Post
There's rumors circulating on social media that heat will kill the coronavirus, it says to blow a hair dryer in your nose and mouth and the government should supply them to everyone. This is getting insane.
Hair Dryer sounds good.... plus I already have hair in my nose....

Happy Birthday to (The Birthday Mark)Ö

Cheers to all ..Stay well

John
Old 03-16-2020, 01:48 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

The best advice I've heard was from an English doctor who said to act as if you have the virus and try not to spread it. Seems logical to me.
My prediction is that things will settle down in April and people will get used to taking extra precautions. Life will go on and the media will find the next apocalypse. I still don't get the toilet paper frenzy though.
Old 03-16-2020, 01:52 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Lugs View Post
Happy Birthday.

I'm not too worried about all this virus...but more concerned with panic from the worriers. I've struggled with dilemmas all my life...I am a musician, after all. I've lived with some filthy stuff and dealt with plenty of infected environments. I never made the practical decisions in life.By all accounts, I should be dead, already...and yet, I'm not.

As soon as the lawn dries a bit, I'll be out pushing my mower around and doing everything I normally do. I hope I don't get sick, but there's already a million things out there that are coming for me the older I get....why focus on just one? lol! Why not worry all the time? Why?, (someone might ask).....Because I'd just be wasting my precious time until the inevitable comes, regardless. It's always been that way....Anything can happen at any time.

Live long and prosper
-Mr. Spock

By the way....Why are people hoarding toilet paper? LOL! Is THAT'S what worries people -nt being able to wipe their a$$? LOL! Wow. Maybe people ought to change their diets....good lorrrrrd...
https://time.com/5803273/hoarding-toilet-paper/
Old 03-16-2020, 02:32 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

What me worry
my motto also

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Old 03-16-2020, 03:50 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Man, I was at a ridiculous drum kits only a few years ago, now down to one - my trusty Ludwig '63 club dates... Still running miles and miles daily! And not watching tv or reading the news...
Old 03-16-2020, 03:51 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Tonkie View Post
The best advice I've heard was from an English doctor who said to act as if you have the virus and try not to spread it. Seems logical to me.
My prediction is that things will settle down in April and people will get used to taking extra precautions. Life will go on and the media will find the next apocalypse. I still don't get the toilet paper frenzy though.
Lovely post and I agree. The media .. ugh.
Old 03-16-2020, 06:35 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Happy birthday Mark!
This beervirus has been a focus of everyone and the world has gone a little mad. All I can say, besides your birthday wish, to our community of vintage drum collectors and vintage drummers is honker down, wash your hands, donít hoard TP and be nice to each other. We will get through this !
Old 03-19-2020, 08:00 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Lugs View Post
Happy Birthday.

I'm not too worried about all this virus...but more concerned with panic from the worriers. I've struggled with dilemmas all my life...I am a musician, after all. I've lived with some filthy stuff and dealt with plenty of infected environments. I never made the practical decisions in life.By all accounts, I should be dead, already...and yet, I'm not.

As soon as the lawn dries a bit, I'll be out pushing my mower around and doing everything I normally do. I hope I don't get sick, but there's already a million things out there that are coming for me the older I get....why focus on just one? lol! Why not worry all the time? Why?, (someone might ask).....Because I'd just be wasting my precious time until the inevitable comes, regardless. It's always been that way....Anything can happen at any time.

Live long and prosper
-Mr. Spock

By the way....Why are people hoarding toilet paper? LOL! Is THAT'S what worries people -nt being able to wipe their a$$? LOL! Wow. Maybe people ought to change their diets....good lorrrrrd...
It's nuts up here too! Maybe all of those people who are hoarding toilet paper should stock up on condoms instead. That way, they won't be producing any more idiots!
Brian
Old 03-19-2020, 09:17 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes! I was supposed to have lunch with a friend, but we had to cancel as the restaurant was closed!

All the uninformed people are creating the panic, as they file in droves to all the markets and hoard anything they can get into their carts. It makes it very difficult for those of us who just need to shop for basic items, such as food!

Every news channel I turn to is all about the "virus". It's gotten to the point where I'd rather watch The Brady Bunch reruns than the constant barrage of virus information. Don't get me wrong, we all need to be aware of what's going on, especially in our communities. I just don't need to have my TV turned to a news channel 24 hours a day!

Stay safe, informed and SANE!

-Mark
Old 03-19-2020, 04:13 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Same here .. Australia's border are closed too. The radio & TV have been driving us crazy Ö going back through the DVD collection.. Clapton's Crossroads concerts, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull Etc... also the first 4 seasons of NYPD Blue are good viewing..

Cheers
John