Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2018, 06:59 AM
Advanced Member

Default Pleasantly surprised by vintage 15" Rude hi hats!!!
This morning I received a set of 1981 15" Paiste Rude hi hats with sequential serial numbers (111406 and 111407) weighing 1100g / 1400g. that I purchased (1) because the price was a no brainer and (2) I found them interesting as I have never seen or heard of 15" Paiste Rude (non-sound edge) hi hats. I had pre-conceived ideas about these hats, expecting crude, harsh, obnoxious and loud hats.

However, when I put them up and started playing them, I was pleasantly surprised. They react to your sticking very well - from mellow, dry "ticks" tightly closed on the top, to a great low pitched slosh, to an awesome semi-open sizzle. These hats are way more versatile than what I expected and I can honestly see them fitting in in just about every musical situation (maybe not acoustic jazz, but just about anything else). I really enjoy these hats and suspect that they will be on my hi hat stand for a while (taking the place of my 15" 2002 medium hi hats). Great hats - here's a little video of them:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewy2_2YqcXU&feature=youtu.be"]15" Paiste Rude Hi Hats - YouTube[/ame]