Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Cymbals

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-29-2016, 03:02 PM
ardrummer ardrummer is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 694
Default Guitar center sent wrong cymbal

As some of you know, I found a couple cymbals on the used section of guitarcenter.com The one I knew for sure was a vintage "a" and they had it labeled as a zbt. Anyway, the price was right so I bought it. I got the cymbal today and it is not even close to the cymbal that was listed. I have attached a pic of the two cymbals. Needless to say, I will be sending it back. Pretty frustrating...I was really looking forward to this cymbal
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zbt4.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	102131   Click image for larger version

Name:	zbtplus.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	102132  
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-29-2016, 04:01 PM
ARCHxANGEL ARCHxANGEL is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Monroe,CT
Posts: 1,651
Default Re: Guitar center sent wrong cymbal

Oh yea no that is some BS. Someone probably realized the oops as it was being packed and tried to pull a fast one. The cymbal in the picture didn't even have the Zildjian logo, neither of the two did.
__________________
18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-29-2016, 04:16 PM
ardrummer ardrummer is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 694
Default Re: Guitar center sent wrong cymbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCHxANGEL View Post
Oh yea no that is some BS. Someone probably realized the oops as it was being packed and tried to pull a fast one. The cymbal in the picture didn't even have the Zildjian logo, neither of the two did.
yep...they should honor their listing
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-29-2016, 04:27 PM
ARCHxANGEL ARCHxANGEL is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Monroe,CT
Posts: 1,651
Default Re: Guitar center sent wrong cymbal

I would agree. That is false advertisement. Thankfully you saved the original listing photos, so you can say this is what was listed, and this is what I got.
__________________
18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-29-2016, 06:30 PM
pgm554 pgm554 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 406
Default Re: Guitar center sent wrong cymbal

It happens all the time,if the pic and description do not match,call the store to verify.
Do not email ,they don't reply.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-29-2016, 07:32 PM
Ludwig-dude Ludwig-dude is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Salem, NH USA
Posts: 4,009
Default Re: Guitar center sent wrong cymbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardrummer View Post
As some of you know, I found a couple cymbals on the used section of guitarcenter.com The one I knew for sure was a vintage "a" and they had it labeled as a zbt. Anyway, the price was right so I bought it. I got the cymbal today and it is not even close to the cymbal that was listed. I have attached a pic of the two cymbals. Needless to say, I will be sending it back. Pretty frustrating...I was really looking forward to this cymbal
They sent you the cymbal that they listed. Its listed as a ZBT, and you got a ZBT. Obviously they messed up with the listing's picture, but that is all. Expecting to get a vintage A just because that's what the picture shows when it's clearly listed as a ZBT is like expecting a vintage Ferrari to show up when you bid on a Buick.
__________________
"That's why I play the drooms. It's me active compensatory factor."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-29-2016, 08:27 PM
snaremania snaremania is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 655
Default Re: Guitar center sent wrong cymbal

Romper Room Music........
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-29-2016, 09:07 PM
teverson-sr teverson-sr is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,161
Default Re: Guitar center sent wrong cymbal

If the picture and the description don't match and they send you the described item and not the pictured item, they should pay return shipping and refund your money. Maybe you should have asked if the pictured item was the one for sale, since it's pretty obviously not what's described. I really dislike GC...all my favorite music stores are gone because of them and internet sales. If they croak there will be no love loss from here.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-29-2016, 09:51 PM
ardrummer ardrummer is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 694
Default Re: Guitar center sent wrong cymbal

I called guitar center and they are going to refund my money if they can't find the cymbal that was pictured. He mentioned at their store there is new staff in the warehouse and they will see if it got mixed up.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-29-2016, 09:52 PM
ardrummer ardrummer is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 694
Default Re: Guitar center sent wrong cymbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig-dude View Post
They sent you the cymbal that they listed. Its listed as a ZBT, and you got a ZBT. Obviously they messed up with the listing's picture, but that is all. Expecting to get a vintage A just because that's what the picture shows when it's clearly listed as a ZBT is like expecting a vintage Ferrari to show up when you bid on a Buick.
I agree to a point but why have photos if they aren't the actual cymbal you are buying? Also the one I got has a couple dents on the edge and the finish is horrible. Photos should at least be an accurate example of the condition a cymbal is in.

Last edited by ardrummer; 08-30-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2009 VSDwebdesign