Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Non-USA drums

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-18-2011, 01:04 PM
vj_killergig vj_killergig is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 12
Default Help! I need parts for couple of MIJ star kits

i'm trying to sort out a couple of MIJ kits i got recently and they are both star/tama but one's got the "A model" lugs with 3 stripped BD lug-nuts.
Anybody got a few of those lying around, I've got the springs.
Hey guys I'm new here so forgive if I'm not doin this right! thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-19-2011, 03:00 AM
MIKEY777 MIKEY777 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ORANGE ,CA
Posts: 5,135
Default Re: Help! I need parts for couple of MIJ star kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_killergig View Post
i'm trying to sort out a couple of MIJ kits i got recently and they are both star/tama but one's got the "A model" lugs with 3 stripped BD lug-nuts.
Anybody got a few of those lying around, I've got the springs.
Hey guys I'm new here so forgive if I'm not doin this right! thanks
Hi, Yes i have the inserts that you need do you know if they are the thin metric ones or the bigger metric threads one's...I have them both alot with alot of vintage 60's-70's parts.....Mikey
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-19-2011, 03:43 AM
vj_killergig vj_killergig is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 12
Default Re: Help! I need parts for couple of MIJ star kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEY777 View Post
Hi, Yes i have the inserts that you need do you know if they are the thin metric ones or the bigger metric threads one's...I have them both alot with alot of vintage 60's-70's parts.....Mikey
OH man thanks Mikey! This looks like a Star/Tama stencil, no badge, late 60s I think. I don't know the difference in the lug threads but I can post a pic if that's any help, or you have other suggestions??
vic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Star Bassdrum.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	25967  
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-19-2011, 04:34 AM
MIKEY777 MIKEY777 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ORANGE ,CA
Posts: 5,135
Default Re: Help! I need parts for couple of MIJ star kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_killergig View Post
OH man thanks Mikey! This looks like a Star/Tama stencil, no badge, late 60s I think. I don't know the difference in the lug threads but I can post a pic if that's any help, or you have other suggestions??
vic
Hi Vic, Could you post a photo of the T-rod thread's? This will tell me what you need,and if i can't tell by photo i can sent you both tpe's of insert's so you know you will have the right one's..Yes your bass drum is a Star stencil one you can tell this by the tom mount that on it...Mikey
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-19-2011, 05:23 AM
vj_killergig vj_killergig is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 12
Default Re: Help! I need parts for couple of MIJ star kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEY777 View Post
Hi Vic, Could you post a photo of the T-rod thread's? This will tell me what you need,and if i can't tell by photo i can sent you both tpe's of insert's so you know you will have the right one's..Yes your bass drum is a Star stencil one you can tell this by the tom mount that on it...Mikey
Hey Mikey, You got it, will this photo do?

this is the same thread as the T-rods on my Model G lug "revelles" (which happens to need a whole set of rods and claws for the one side) both kits match up on threads all around even though the lugs and rods are different models. I've got a mismatched black rim there for now but would love to find an original chrome rim like the one in the 72 catalog! Not likely to ever find one with the right wrap for the strip though, probably. Anyway: Peacock Pearl (from that same catalog) far out! cool as hell
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ModelArod.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	25971   Click image for larger version

Name:	modelArodclose.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	25972  
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-20-2011, 03:10 AM
MIKEY777 MIKEY777 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ORANGE ,CA
Posts: 5,135
Default Re: Help! I need parts for couple of MIJ star kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_killergig View Post
Hey Mikey, You got it, will this photo do?

this is the same thread as the T-rods on my Model G lug "revelles" (which happens to need a whole set of rods and claws for the one side) both kits match up on threads all around even though the lugs and rods are different models. I've got a mismatched black rim there for now but would love to find an original chrome rim like the one in the 72 catalog! Not likely to ever find one with the right wrap for the strip though, probably. Anyway: Peacock Pearl (from that same catalog) far out! cool as hell
Yes i have the insert's the one's you need are the fat metric thread's...If i recall right i also have the 8 T-rods that you are missing like in the photo you posted...have to check on the claws.....Mikey....P.S. best to email me my P.M. box will be full by tonights end.....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-20-2011, 12:35 PM
vj_killergig vj_killergig is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 12
Default Re: Help! I need parts for couple of MIJ star kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEY777 View Post
Yes i have the insert's the one's you need are the fat metric thread's...If i recall right i also have the 8 T-rods that you are missing like in the photo you posted...have to check on the claws.....Mikey....P.S. best to email me my P.M. box will be full by tonights end.....
hey Mikey!
Alright!
the claws and rods I need are the Star model G like on the front of my other kit, these revelles here, is that a good enough shot of the hardware on there?
thanks
vic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010047.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	26025  
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-21-2011, 03:12 AM
MIKEY777 MIKEY777 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ORANGE ,CA
Posts: 5,135
Default Re: Help! I need parts for couple of MIJ star kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_killergig View Post
hey Mikey!
Alright!
the claws and rods I need are the Star model G like on the front of my other kit, these revelles here, is that a good enough shot of the hardware on there?
thanks
vic
Vic, Oh so you need the T-rods and claws like the one's on the photo of the set you posted...I think i have them let me get a count later today i will let you know..By the way the Star one's you need are Copy's for 60s Sonor T-rods/claws..but the thread in metric...Mikey
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-21-2011, 04:22 AM
vj_killergig vj_killergig is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 12
Default Re: Help! I need parts for couple of MIJ star kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEY777 View Post
Vic, Oh so you need the T-rods and claws like the one's on the photo of the set you posted...I think i have them let me get a count later today i will let you know..By the way the Star one's you need are Copy's for 60s Sonor T-rods/claws..but the thread in metric...Mikey
Thanks for the info man, very good thanks for your time too. Vic
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-24-2011, 03:39 AM
MIKEY777 MIKEY777 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ORANGE ,CA
Posts: 5,135
Default Re: Help! I need parts for couple of MIJ star kits

Hey Vic, i have the T-rods and 4 claws that you need for the star bass drum also the other 3 inserts too...Email me or P/M thanks Mikey
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2009 VSDwebdesign