Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Drums

Old 08-10-2018, 03:59 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Big Thank you for members pointing out choice listings ...

For once I've been the recipient of members literally highlighting auctions / listings / ads where some choice vintage drums are up for sale. I hate the "I really ^&%$#&* scored big time!!!" posts ... but I picked up a sort of rare piece at a great price because some bigmouth couldn't help himself. I already knew about the auction; but I didn't know a little piece of information that perked up my moribund interest. In other words, I wasn't going to ^%@*&%$ bid.

Rather than specify and detail x item that's at auction, on CL, whatever, it would behoove everyone to pull their heads out and say literally NOTHING! Especially when you've got interest in the drum/kit!

I also am here to lobby members from furthermore giving out free information about what the value of drums are anymore. All anyone is ever doing when they do it is increase the price for himself and everyone else.

It's what you call bad business.

But this thread will sooner or later grow cement boots and sink to oblivion and I'll be filled with joy and laughter at the genius of it all.
Old 08-10-2018, 06:36 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Big Thank you for members pointing out choice listings ...

Did you buy an 18" bass drum in mottled gray?
Old 08-10-2018, 08:34 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
For once I've been the recipient of members literally highlighting auctions / listings / ads where some choice vintage drums are up for sale. I hate the "I really ^&%$#&* scored big time!!!" posts ... but I picked up a sort of rare piece at a great price because some bigmouth couldn't help himself. I already knew about the auction; but I didn't know a little piece of information that perked up my moribund interest. In other words, I wasn't going to ^%@*&%$ bid.

Rather than specify and detail x item that's at auction, on CL, whatever, it would behoove everyone to pull their heads out and say literally NOTHING! Especially when you've got interest in the drum/kit!

I also am here to lobby members from furthermore giving out free information about what the value of drums are anymore. All anyone is ever doing when they do it is increase the price for himself and everyone else.

It's what you call bad business.

But this thread will sooner or later grow cement boots and sink to oblivion and I'll be filled with joy and laughter at the genius of it all.
As I recall a few days ago I posted asking about a Ludwig B.O.P.snare drum trying to fine out what would be a fair price..
In my listing to said not a thing about were the drum was for sale.
But you had to open your big mouth and say OH THATS THE ONE ON SHOPGOODWILL......
MIKEY
Old 08-10-2018, 08:56 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEY777 View Post
As I recall a few days ago I posted asking about a Ludwig B.O.P.snare drum trying to fine out what would be a fair price..
In my listing to said not a thing about were the drum was for sale.
But you had to open your big mouth and say OH THATS THE ONE ON SHOPGOODWILL......
MIKEY
Garbled message; but I think I get it. You guys who are wet behind the ears crop pics and then ask $ like you think no one else is on the case.

The kicker is you failed to get it. I literally did NOT bid since you seemed to want it. + I had bigger fish on the line. You emphatically lost out on a very fair price for that OBP Pioneer.

But you make my point for me. You should have neither asked nor said a thing about that GW listing because so many here already know about them anyway.

Next.

Last edited by Hobbs; 08-10-2018 at 09:47 PM.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:40 AM

So, I'm guessing you don't want to hear about my latest incredible CL score?
Old 08-11-2018, 10:21 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the drummer View Post
So, I'm guessing you don't want to hear about my latest incredible CL score?
Go for it! But everyone who does it sounds like a man-child. But fire away! I could spew all my incredible sales figures over the years, most of them records ... but how &^%$#@! BORING is that!

So bore us ...