Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > For Sale

Old 10-13-2019, 10:27 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: SONOR 8 pc Phonic Series Rosewood in/out 1975 Centennial RARE & EXCELLENT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumBob View Post
Sonor, I think you're a very good sport to put up with our criticisms in a positive way, so I wish you good luck (finally) selling these drums.

Since you're pretty new here, please understand that we're a cynical bunch at times; we're sensitive about people trying to charge high prices, and we react negatively when we see individuals asking high prices. Your set may well be worth the asking price.

Delusional sellers are all over Reverb and Ebay these days; people asking nearly $2000 for MIJ 60's drums; people asking stupid prices for player's grade sets that have been altered; people trying to get premium prices for very common drums in common finishes. The sellers usually get desperate after a few months and drop their prices. Some don't. A lot of us keep very close tabs on the used and vintage drum market.

In any event, best of luck to you. Maybe you'd like to become a regularl member here and contribute. It sure wouldn't hurt your cause.
Wait, this is coming from one of the drum police who search the internet for dudes asking far too much for vintage drums? I thought you were on a quest to stop this from happening, to keep prices reasonable so us poor folks can afford to buy them. I would say this kit falls in that category.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:54 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: SONOR 8 pc Phonic Series Rosewood in/out 1975 Centennial RARE & EXCELLENT!

Very odd market these days, but if someone advertises a price that's in your opinion a little [or a lot] higher than normal, so be it. No one is twisting your arm to buy, but if you do you must have a good reason. I forgot to add; This is the buyers business and no one elses...NO ONE. I shake my head at times but its not due to the asking price, but more because someone actually paid crazy high for it...None of my business.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:17 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyringo View Post
Wait, this is coming from one of the drum police who search the internet for dudes asking far too much for vintage drums? I thought you were on a quest to stop this from happening, to keep prices reasonable so us poor folks can afford to buy them. I would say this kit falls in that category.
I do think this set is overpriced, and it's been sitting for a year unsold. If you had read my earlier posts regarding this set, you might have realized what I meant.
'67 Ludwig, Burgundy Sparkle, 12/13/16/22
'73 Slingerland, Sky Blue Pearl, 12/13/16/22
'72 Slingerland, Red Tiger Pearl, 12/13/16/22
'72 Rogers, Black Strata, 13/16/22
'60s MIJ Apollo/Majestic, Red Sparkle, 13/16/20
'60s Stewart, Gold Sparkle, 12/13/16/22

Author of the book, "Great Rock Drummers Of The Sixties."
Old 10-13-2019, 09:53 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

So, what's your theory on my Leedy kit? It's clean, pretty much all original and no extra holes. It's been sitting at $800 or make an offer with no bites here or on Reverb.