Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > General Drum Questions

Old 08-31-2018, 01:48 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Rogers Fullerton Green Label

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyringo View Post
I'm surprised none of the Rogers guys here have shared their wisdom. Maybe it's no big deal.
JR!

I really don't think that it's a lack of our Rogers guys sharing their wisdom, which I count myself as one of them, but rather that this green label thing is just an anomaly. I think that Glenn hit the nail on the head that this was simply a printing issue. I was in the graphics/newspaper industry many years ago, servicing laser imagesetters. I had many opportunities to be in the actual printing and proofing areas of so many businesses and you'd be surprised at how many times mistakes are made before the final product is approved.

Like Glenn mentioned, this was probably just an issue with certain colors not mixing properly, or even being out of some inks. They probably just chose to send a small batch of these green ink labels and Rogers accepted them. That's my educated guess. We may never know that real reason, but these kind of things are always going to be with us!

-Mark
Old 08-31-2018, 01:57 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

So, I may have the only two green labeled Rogers drums in existence. I would think a true Rogers collector would want these in their collection regardless of the condition of the drums.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:58 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
So, I may have the only two green labeled Rogers drums in existence. I would think a true Rogers collector would want these in their collection regardless of the condition of the drums.
I think you're attempting to put way too much importance on this "green label" thing. Are you saying you are now going to sell them, simply because those two green labels may, or may not, be important to a collector? How would they even display the drum to view the labels? I just think you're making too big a deal over these green labels. Until a true "expert" can offer substantiated information as to these labels, I think the best we can do is what has already been provided on this topic.

-Mark
Old 08-31-2018, 05:02 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

I think it's more like no one really knows the answer yet? Almost 50 years ago since these were made. We'll have to give it some time and see if anyone else adds something. In the meantime enjoy those Rogers!! If anything the rare green tags add some mystique to them! On another note printers do make mistakes. I've run jobs in the wrong color a few times before. Brain **** or in a hurry and misread the job ticket. It happens. :-)

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:47 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrum4fun View Post
I think you're attempting to put way too much importance on this "green label" thing. Are you saying you are now going to sell them, simply because those two green labels may, or may not, be important to a collector? How would they even display the drum to view the labels? I just think you're making too big a deal over these green labels. Until a true "expert" can offer substantiated information as to these labels, I think the best we can do is what has already been provided on this topic.

-Mark
It was meant to be tongue in cheek, I know it's nothing special.

Last edited by johnnyringo; 08-31-2018 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:26 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

No clue, but it's not surprising in the Fulleton PowerTone era. I don't think I've owned any Rogers from that era, so haven't seen that green ink before. Might be worth a check of the singles for sale at Jollity Drum Farm to see if he has any with green labels.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
I'd really like to know something about these Fullerton era green labels. I just aquired a 12 and 13 with these, I've never seen them before and I've had lots of Rogers drums over the years. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Can you show the drums ?

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Old 09-01-2018, 10:21 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Here's the 12 and the 13 is set up with the kit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180901_211542.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	121191   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180901_211517.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	121192   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180901_212051.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	121193  
Old 09-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

I guess this will remain a mystery for awhile.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:10 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchair303 View Post
I'm as curious as you are, as I've never seen a green Fullerton label either. I'm still sticking with my "faded ink" theory that I mentioned in your other thread. I'm hoping Dan B. or Ploughman will chime in. If there ever was a time Rogers was printing green labels, they'd know about it.

Mike
Mike I think your right on the faded ink. This label was posted on FB. Brown ink faded to green. I've never seen ink fade like this. But here it is!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	faded tag.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	121208  

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.