Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Wanted to Buy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-07-2010, 03:54 PM
wayne wayne is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,363
Default clamp on spurs

Does anyone have a pair for sale,or know if they are still available on the market?
__________________
Hit like you mean it!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Ludwig-dude Ludwig-dude is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,009
Default Re: clamp on spurs

Precision drum carries them and they are reasonable.....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-07-2010, 04:17 PM
ian40 ian40 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: lincolnshire
Posts: 28
Default Re: clamp on spurs

I have some nice vintage Premier ones. pm if interested.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-07-2010, 04:23 PM
vintagemore2000 vintagemore2000 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10,672
Default Re: clamp on spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne View Post
Does anyone have a pair for sale,or know if they are still available on the market?
Wayne what Brand drum is it for? I have a few pair!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-05-2010, 12:26 AM
DrummerCT DrummerCT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Default Re: clamp on spurs

Hi - I have a related question... I recently acquired a pair of Ludwig clamp on spurs but the angle of the spurs is "wrong" -- when clamped on to a hoop, they're about pointing forward too much by about 30 degrees angle! Thus they point out in the air, and not toward the floor. The metal spurs themselves do not swivel to adjust to a different angle.

I was hoping to use clamp on spurs to further stabilize a 1957 Ludwig bass drum's "folding" spurs. This is my first foray into clamp on spurs. I already have a vintage Ludwig front of bass drum anti-creep gizmo; I was hoping the clamp ons would add another layer of solidity to the setup.

These wrong-way spurs are in mint condition, with the late-60's, early 70's underline Ludwig logo. Could it be that such spurs were for something other than a bass drum? Maybe they're a factory "mistake?" They look similar to the bass drum spurs that Precision Drum sells, but the angle is as described above.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-05-2010, 01:36 AM
vintagemore2000 vintagemore2000 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10,672
Default Re: clamp on spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerCT View Post
Hi - I have a related question... I recently acquired a pair of Ludwig clamp on spurs but the angle of the spurs is "wrong" -- when clamped on to a hoop, they're about pointing forward too much by about 30 degrees angle! Thus they point out in the air, and not toward the floor. The metal spurs themselves do not swivel to adjust to a different angle.

I was hoping to use clamp on spurs to further stabilize a 1957 Ludwig bass drum's "folding" spurs. This is my first foray into clamp on spurs. I already have a vintage Ludwig front of bass drum anti-creep gizmo; I was hoping the clamp ons would add another layer of solidity to the setup.

These wrong-way spurs are in mint condition, with the late-60's, early 70's underline Ludwig logo. Could it be that such spurs were for something other than a bass drum? Maybe they're a factory "mistake?" They look similar to the bass drum spurs that Precision Drum sells, but the angle is as described above.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions?
can you post a pic of your spurs? thanks
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-05-2010, 01:41 AM
DrummerCT DrummerCT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Default Re: clamp on spurs

thanks,
yes - will be able to do tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-05-2010, 12:43 PM
DrummerCT DrummerCT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 30
Default Re: clamp on spurs

Hi - here's the photos of the Ludwig spurs. I'll be curious about your opinions as to their design. They seem incorrectly angled. Interestingly, the logos are similar style, but different size. On one of the photos, the spurs are clamped to the hoop of the '57 Ludwig 20" bass drum - this gives a view of the "wrong" angles. Now, conceivably I've mounted them incorrectly - that being said...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ludwig BD Spur P1030709_resize.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	19059   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ludwig BD Spur P1030710_resize.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	19060   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ludwig BD Spur P1030711_resize.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	19061   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ludwig BD Spur P1030713_resize.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	19062  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ludwig BD Spur P1030718_resize.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	19063  
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-05-2010, 12:58 PM
FatherTime FatherTime is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX.
Posts: 639
Default Re: clamp on spurs

Those look like they would go on the batter side hoop.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-05-2010, 01:18 PM
vintagemore2000 vintagemore2000 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10,672
Default Re: clamp on spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerCT View Post
Hi - here's the photos of the Ludwig spurs. I'll be curious about your opinions as to their design. They seem incorrectly angled. Interestingly, the logos are similar style, but different size. On one of the photos, the spurs are clamped to the hoop of the '57 Ludwig 20" bass drum - this gives a view of the "wrong" angles. Now, conceivably I've mounted them incorrectly - that being said...
did you buy them seperate,or did they come off a kit, try one of the spurs on the other side of the rim, you may have two of the same sides!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2009 VSDwebdesign