Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Drums

Old 06-16-2018, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Question for Slingerland Folks

What model is the snare? Solid shell with clamshell strainer or entry level? Hoops on BD look redone and inlay is cracked. Minor I know but what other issues may be hiding there? FT will be tough find for sure. Bottom line: Trust your instincts, you are right. Another better kit is out there for you.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:44 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingerfan View Post
What model is the snare? Solid shell with clamshell strainer or entry level? Hoops on BD look redone and inlay is cracked. Minor I know but what other issues may be hiding there? FT will be tough find for sure. Bottom line: Trust your instincts, you are right. Another better kit is out there for you.
As rare as Fiesta Pearl can be, I'd have to go with slingerfan on this. Just trust your instincts!

-Mark
Old 06-16-2018, 05:34 PM

Saw more. Price is brutal. Student Model snare. Swing Master kit with optional separate tension BD and triple flanged hoops on snare and tom. Cataloged as $4.00 and $8.00 options. Chrome/hardware condition is not in line with pricing. Wrap is rare and still appears vibrant. I'll probably get in trouble here but at half the asking price it may be tough to pull the trigger on this kit.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:39 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Saw more. Price is brutal. Student Model snare. Swing Master kit with optional separate tension BD and triple flanged hoops on snare and tom. Cataloged as $4.00 and $8.00 options. Chrome/hardware condition is not in line with pricing. Wrap is rare and still appears vibrant. I'll probably get in trouble here but at half the asking price it may be tough to pull the trigger on this kit.
slingerfan...I don't think you'll get in trouble! Seems like the seller is inflating the price on the wrap alone. That's just not enough for me! I don't know what price we're talking about, but I have a feeling that the OP will pass on this one.

-Mark
Old 06-17-2018, 11:09 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Thank you sir. I have to agree so I passed. I meant to post this link but got busy. It appears to have sold. I was going to make an offer for 1800 but went to the gig instead. I'm having some great luck finding rare birds so the hunt continues. I've got a real treasure regardless I am working on now. Mark, thanks for your input as usual. I really appreciate the help fellas!

I wonder who bought it and hope they don't try to spin it!
AND it's not a One Nighter! ;-)

https://reverb.com/item/13109632-196...nd-one-nighter

Last edited by markrocks68; 06-17-2018 at 11:20 AM.

Tags
slingerland , swing master