Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > DRUM IMAGE GALLERY > Drum Set Gallery

Nur für Mitglieder!
Old 09-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: WFL/Ludwig kit/1930-40's

This kit is probably late 40's at the oldest. Ludwig, er WFL, didn't come out with the classic lugs until 1948.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig-dude View Post
This kit is probably late 40's at the oldest. Ludwig, er WFL, didn't come out with the classic lugs until 1948.
I never really knew that... thanks for posting. I was going off of the WFL stamps on the drums. They say its the 30's... 36 to be exact I believe. I have been trying to find out more about this kit... but the info on it is limited. I wish there was an actual PERSON I could talk to from Ludwig to find out more. As in the mural... the interior light... shell design,ect.
Maybe even the original purchase price .... I know... reaching far a high, but ya never know!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:43 PM

Yes, this set IS for sale. The price would be... the best I can get. I am actually selling it for someone else. I am trying to find out as much info on this kit as possible before I sell it, so I actually know what its worth... or what I should ask for it.
I wanna keep it for myself just for the snare... but that can't happen as it is not mine, and any offer I make her... I would feel bad.
Make an offer and I will mull it over.... also any info on the kit you could pass on would be greatly appreciated so I can tell the owner of it. She really has NO clue what she has.

Daniel