Old 09-02-2016, 09:16 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Guitar center sent wrong cymbal
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ploughman View Post
They advertised a ZBT. The picture... is the picture. Could have been a puppy. Might as well have been a puppy. You are ticked off at GC and want a refund because you tried to rip off the store caught in a possible mistake. A simple call asking to clarify the cymbal as listed would have cleared this up. The STORE would have informed you the listing was correct, the cymbal is a ZBT or what ever.... and the picture was mistakenly applied to the item description. Or The Store would have informed you, no... the listing was a mistake and the pictured cymbal is what you get... at X price as listed. You are kind of more upset at not having successfully taken unfair advantage, than anything else. And that is my two cents. You cannot pin dishonesty on GC without some careful observation with a hand held mirror on this one. Now, you can call it anything you want. But... this is how I see it.
Ok, I'm not sure how this post of mine has causes such an uproar with a couple posters...but that definitely was not my intention
I just wanted to post what happened. Was I disappointed that I got a different cymbal that what was pictured in the listing...yes. Is it a big deal..of course not.
Anyway, I wasn't trying to "rip off" Guitar Center. And by the way (The Ploughman) you talk about Guitar Center like some poor widow or something...."Take Unfair Advantage of"....really?
I saw a cymbal I wanted for a good price and I ordered it. Any website I have ever ordered from before, the photo of a used item is the actual product....even if the sole purpose is to show the condition of the item.
Hopefully this post can now be put out of it's misery unless anybody else wants to attack my character for this horrible atrocity I have attempted to inflicted on Guitar Center, lol.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:27 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardrummer View Post
Ok, I'm not sure how this post of mine has causes such an uproar with a couple posters...but that definitely was not my intention
I just wanted to post what happened. Was I disappointed that I got a different cymbal that what was pictured in the listing...yes. Is it a big deal..of course not.
Anyway, I wasn't trying to "rip off" Guitar Center. And by the way (The Ploughman) you talk about Guitar Center like some poor widow or something...."Take Unfair Advantage of"....really?
I saw a cymbal I wanted for a good price and I ordered it. Any website I have ever ordered from before, the photo of a used item is the actual product....even if the sole purpose is to show the condition of the item.
Hopefully this post can now be put out of it's misery unless anybody else wants to attack my character for this horrible atrocity I have attempted to inflicted on Guitar Center, lol.

Perhaps you should have left out the part where it was listed as a ZBT and priced accordingly.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:51 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
As some of you know, I found a couple cymbals on the used section of guitarcenter.com The one I knew for sure was a vintage "a" and they had it labeled as a zbt. Anyway, the price was right so I bought it. I got the cymbal today and it is not even close to the cymbal that was listed. I have attached a pic of the two cymbals. Needless to say, I will be sending it back. Pretty frustrating...I was really looking forward to this cymbal
Red flag when description doesn't match picture or visa-versa. Time to ask questions when you see this before bidding.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:02 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
It seems to me that you admitted taking a gambling chance that you may get the cymbal pictured instead of what was listed.
It didn't work out the way you wanted it to.
You complained.
It seems the seller agreed to their picture and or listing mistake.
You're getting a refund.
It worked out in your favor.
You win.

Last edited by Olimpass; 09-02-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:23 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

I have learned from my mistake.....won't happen again
Old 09-04-2016, 07:14 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
It seems to me that you admitted taking a gambling chance that you may get the cymbal pictured instead of what was listed.
It didn't work out the way you wanted it to.
You complained.
It seems the seller agreed to their picture and or listing mistake.
You're getting a refund.
It worked out in your favor.
You win.
Completely agree. The OPs was expecting to get a much better cymbal at a great price hoping they were mistaking a vintage A Zildjian for a ZBT. They sent him the piece of crap they were really offering, and offered a refund when he complained. Done deal. Frankly $60 for a ZBT in poor shape is more than its worth. Further, my experience with Guitar Center is that the staff knows way too little about the products they sell. They are often young and woefully inexperienced. I've seen that time and time again online and in various stores. I avoid using them if I can.

Last edited by BosLover; 09-04-2016 at 07:20 AM.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:02 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
I have learned from my mistake.....won't happen again
Tell us your "mistake" and we shall know if you have learned anything from this little journey.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:48 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Maybe he learned not to listen to me,lol. I was the first to chime in and say pounce. So while I didn't actually make ardrummer buy, I did lend serious encouragement.

- Jay
Old 09-04-2016, 11:14 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Anyone on this forum [or off it for that matter] will try to "take advantage" of a mistake on the part of a seller - maybe offer a little more than asking price but certainly not the true value. We've all seen it countless times. I have never seen anyone say "he posted the Rogers kit for $100.00 but I gave him the $1700.00 it was really worth." Never. And in this instance you were dealing with a store and a chain-store at that! Not a poor widow as you pointed out...

In short, I'm with you, ardrummer.

Mitch
Old 09-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownTownFarmer View Post
Anyone on this forum [or off it for that matter] will try to "take advantage" of a mistake on the part of a seller - maybe offer a little more than asking price but certainly not the true value. We've all seen it countless times. I have never seen anyone say "he posted the Rogers kit for $100.00 but I gave him the $1700.00 it was really worth." Never. And in this instance you were dealing with a store and a chain-store at that! Not a poor widow as you pointed out...

In short, I'm with you, ardrummer.

Mitch
thanks Mitch!