Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Non-USA drums

Old 01-04-2016, 10:28 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: My christmas gift: ARIA International Royal Percussions Snare-Drum 14x6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcomag View Post
I can't believe that it is not possible to find information about the manufactory of Aria Royal Percussion. I am not sure if Ariaguitars has something to do with this drum.
Maybe its really a cheap sisterbrand of Tama or something like that. A cheap starter stuff?

I would so much like to contact the real manufactor for details, prospects, prices, and so on....
First of all: , Sir.
Guess, you're younger, aren't you? ;-)
You should consider: this snare drum comes from a time, when 'computer' was a strange word. Any files from that time must have been written on any papers. If not: such information simply is not existing any longer. So, sometime in the past, someone must have been kind enough to scan such papers and put it onto the web ... (Perhaps just for you to find it, somewhere in the future ?) Remember this always.
You expect (non-profit) answers from a company within four days? Dream on ...

And, please, read the posts from others here carefully: one member already stated that Aria had nothing to do with Tama (so, please, don't ask twice).

Cheers, Ralf (from Germany as well)

Last edited by Ralf; 01-04-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:48 AM

Default Re: My christmas gift: ARIA International Royal Percussions Snare-Drum 14x6.5

Thank you for your reply. You are absolutely right.
I did not think about it.

@geckobeats: Shame on me that you did the work I had to do (searching in other forums).
Thx for that

Last edited by Tomcomag; 01-04-2016 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:58 PM

Hello again...

I measured my snare now and have to say:
Its 14"x8"!

The friend who gave me that drum told me that it has 14"x6.5"...
I want to say sorry for the wrong information.

Here are some pics after cleaning. I love it

Old 01-05-2016, 05:27 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Whatever it's a nice drum... The only Aria I can find is on this link..http://www.the-saleroom.com/de-de/au...6-a4ad00cc7688

It is a wooden shell 10 lugger.. Lugs look same as yours... also looks to be an 8"..

Cheers
John
Old 01-05-2016, 06:34 PM

Hey John, thank you for find it out

_____

It could be that I can get the original interne drumhead muffler-system of this drum. My friend contacted the previous owner with it. He told him, that this part has to be somewhere lost in the band rehearsal room. He will search for it

The missing snarewire seems to be the same as the wire of Tama Imperialstar King Beat with parallel strainer. Puresound and SnappyWire normally have it in program, but sold out at the moment. Also amazon sells it, but sold out at the moment...

Last but not least I am searching for a new hoop. It's a 1.6mm 14" with 10 lugs and round edge around the screws (see pictures above). I found out that the 70/80s Sonor Phonic series have had similar-looking hoops. Otherwise, I can only find hoops with a straight edge to the screw holes.

Last edited by Tomcomag; 01-06-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Tags
14x6.5 , aria , parallel , snare