Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > Vintage Non-USA drums

Old 10-30-2019, 03:04 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Pics of my restored CB700 kit w/ wrist watch lugs

I just checked out the Fabric Empire website. Pretty cool stuff. I might try that!

The one cool thing is they sell it by the yard in 54" wide rolls, so when wrapping larger drums (18" and up), you don't need two pieces, so there is only one seam!

Did you use the "Glitter Large Stargem Crafting Vinyl"? There are several types on the website.

As far as appearance goes, does it sparkle and reflect light like traditional glass glitter wraps do, or does it look more like a standard sparkle pattern wrap?
Old 10-30-2019, 03:21 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyacheslav View Post
I just checked out the Fabric Empire website. Pretty cool stuff. I might try that!

The one cool thing is they sell it by the yard in 54" wide rolls, so when wrapping larger drums (18" and up), you don't need two pieces, so there is only one seam!

Did you use the "Glitter Large Stargem Crafting Vinyl"? There are several types on the website.

As far as appearance goes, does it sparkle and reflect light like traditional glass glitter wraps do, or does it look more like a standard sparkle pattern wrap?
Yes, I use the Glitter Large Stargem material.....it is the most impressive looking. You can feel the texture of the material and is not completely flat. It reflects light very nicely and "shimmers".
I have used the "glitter stardust" stuff and it is thinner and the sparkles are smaller but would give you the best chance at wrapping over an existing wrap if needed.
The "Sparkle Vinyl" they have is actually laminated with a clear coating more like a traditional wrap but doesn't look near as impressive as the large stargem stuff.
And yes, the size and price is pretty awesome when compared to standard drum wrap. I get the two yards and my bass drums are one piece (seam at the bottom).
Old 11-01-2019, 08:36 PM
Contributing Member

Off topic/ but is that an old Wuhan Linear (5 sided) cymbal to the left? I thought I was the only crazy guy still using those funky trash/crashes! I think they are great! (and BTW- great recover with optional materials!)
Old 11-01-2019, 09:25 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDragon View Post
Off topic/ but is that an old Wuhan Linear (5 sided) cymbal to the left? I thought I was the only crazy guy still using those funky trash/crashes! I think they are great! (and BTW- great recover with optional materials!)
Yes, that is a Wuhan linear cymbal. I have a splash under it for a stack setup.