Old 02-27-2019, 08:42 PM

Default How is the Remo Classic Fit?
I didn't see a thread on this.

The remo classic fit is supposed to have a thinner collar.

My club date has a modern remo bass drum head and it pops out quite a bit from the hoop. Even touching the tension rod. I'm ordering the classic fit so it will hopefully be flush.

Anyone have experience with the classic fit?
Old 03-11-2019, 05:55 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: How is the Remo Classic Fit?
Hi,

I recently put these on a couple of 60’s Ludwig and Slingerland floor toms that I have always had problems tuning and the drums just opened right up. Hope the heads work for you as well!

James
Old 03-11-2019, 08:51 AM

Although I have not physically compared the "Classic Fit" to their regular line, I hear various descriptions on exactly what is different (i.e. over-sized, thinner collar).

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe what has been done is that Remo has produced a thinner flesh hoop to gain more distance from the shell of the drum (and perhaps a slightly longer collar?). Therefore, the outer diameter of the heads hasn't really changed, but more wiggle room has been provided.
Old 03-12-2019, 04:31 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

I'd been waiting like forever for an oversized head to fit my 1940s Krupa model radio king snare, with standard modern heads being a tight fit.- So I ordered one of these and - wow, the drum has opened right up, it has never sounded better, and getting even tuning is easy. Recently I took the plunge and got a Majetone calf batter head for it and and also didn't know what I was missing. ( I also got this made slightly oversized), So yes, the remo Classic fit is a long awaited and much needed winner.

Last edited by Olddrumgeek; 03-12-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:40 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdg View Post
Although I have not physically compared the "Classic Fit" to their regular line, I hear various descriptions on exactly what is different (i.e. over-sized, thinner collar).

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe what has been done is that Remo has produced a thinner flesh hoop to gain more distance from the shell of the drum (and perhaps a slightly longer collar?). Therefore, the outer diameter of the heads hasn't really changed, but more wiggle room has been provided.
This is EXACTLY what Remo has accomplished with the Classic Fit head. The overall diameter hasn't changed, but the "flesh hoop", which is the metal hoop, is thinner on its inside diameter. I've heard nothing but good things about fitment with difficult drums!

-Mark
Old 03-13-2019, 12:19 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Do they make them in a PS3?
Old 03-14-2019, 04:49 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Nobody knows?