Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > General Drum Questions

Old 07-01-2016, 03:54 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Happy birthday canada!!!

I know this not drum related but.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA and HAPPY CANADA DAY to all Canadian VDF members. Were 149 years old today and we don't look a day over 112. HAHA!!

I always say be Proud of who you are and where you come from. I know "I AM". And we need a lot of that especially in this day and age.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:13 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Default Re: Happy birthday canada!!!

Beautiful country. Love Toronto. Though driving on the QEW was weird. Everything in kilometers. lol
Old 07-01-2016, 08:18 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Yes, a very Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian members! I had a job as a Field Service Engineer years ago for a graphics company and flew all over the country. Went to Toronto and Edmonton on 2 occasions. All I really remember about Toronto was that the flight got in late, it was night time, and I had to drive quite some distance to the hotel with snow blowing almost horizontally! Really freaked me out as I'm from sunny southern California! Edmonton was fun, as I stopped at the West Edmonton Mall on my way to the airport. Had a great time there!

-Mark
Old 07-01-2016, 09:21 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
Beautiful country. Love Toronto. Though driving on the QEW was weird. Everything in kilometers. lol
To this day I never understood why we went Metric
Old 07-01-2016, 09:25 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrum4fun View Post
Yes, a very Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian members! I had a job as a Field Service Engineer years ago for a graphics company and flew all over the country. Went to Toronto and Edmonton on 2 occasions. All I really remember about Toronto was that the flight got in late, it was night time, and I had to drive quite some distance to the hotel with snow blowing almost horizontally! Really freaked me out as I'm from sunny southern California! Edmonton was fun, as I stopped at the West Edmonton Mall on my way to the airport. Had a great time there!

-Mark
I can see how blowing snow would freak you out If you've never been in it before. I've never been in an Earthquake. Just imagine what I'd be like.
Old 07-02-2016, 04:30 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumguy1988 View Post
I can see how blowing snow would freak you out If you've never been in it before. I've never been in an Earthquake. Just imagine what I'd be like.
You make a valid point! I've experienced every earthquake in southern California since 1954. The one I'll always remember is the Whittier Narrows quake of 1978, around 7:45am. I was standing outside when it hit and will never forget watching the street and sidewalks ripple! I guess I just roll with it...

-Mark
Old 07-02-2016, 05:25 PM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrum4fun View Post
You make a valid point! I've experienced every earthquake in southern California since 1954. The one I'll always remember is the Whittier Narrows quake of 1978, around 7:45am. I was standing outside when it hit and will never forget watching the street and sidewalks ripple! I guess I just roll with it...

-Mark
You must remember the 1989 San Francisco quake and the 1994 Northridge Quake. I do, it was all over the news even up here.

The largest earthquake If you want to call it that that we've had was a 4.2 and it lasted for a second. And because it's Canada and it gets DAMN cold here in the winter we get what they call "FROST QUAKES"