Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > General Drum Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-01-2016, 03:54 PM
Drumguy1988 Drumguy1988 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,903
Default Happy birthday canada!!!

I know this not drum related but.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA and HAPPY CANADA DAY to all Canadian VDF members. Were 149 years old today and we don't look a day over 112. HAHA!!

I always say be Proud of who you are and where you come from. I know "I AM". And we need a lot of that especially in this day and age.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-01-2016, 05:13 PM
larryz larryz is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Western PA
Posts: 2,123
Default Re: Happy birthday canada!!!

Beautiful country. Love Toronto. Though driving on the QEW was weird. Everything in kilometers. lol
__________________
The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-01-2016, 08:18 PM
idrum4fun idrum4fun is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,299
Default Re: Happy birthday canada!!!

Yes, a very Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian members! I had a job as a Field Service Engineer years ago for a graphics company and flew all over the country. Went to Toronto and Edmonton on 2 occasions. All I really remember about Toronto was that the flight got in late, it was night time, and I had to drive quite some distance to the hotel with snow blowing almost horizontally! Really freaked me out as I'm from sunny southern California! Edmonton was fun, as I stopped at the West Edmonton Mall on my way to the airport. Had a great time there!

-Mark
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-01-2016, 09:21 PM
Drumguy1988 Drumguy1988 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,903
Default Re: Happy birthday canada!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
Beautiful country. Love Toronto. Though driving on the QEW was weird. Everything in kilometers. lol
To this day I never understood why we went Metric
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-01-2016, 09:25 PM
Drumguy1988 Drumguy1988 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,903
Default Re: Happy birthday canada!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrum4fun View Post
Yes, a very Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian members! I had a job as a Field Service Engineer years ago for a graphics company and flew all over the country. Went to Toronto and Edmonton on 2 occasions. All I really remember about Toronto was that the flight got in late, it was night time, and I had to drive quite some distance to the hotel with snow blowing almost horizontally! Really freaked me out as I'm from sunny southern California! Edmonton was fun, as I stopped at the West Edmonton Mall on my way to the airport. Had a great time there!

-Mark
I can see how blowing snow would freak you out If you've never been in it before. I've never been in an Earthquake. Just imagine what I'd be like.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-02-2016, 04:30 PM
idrum4fun idrum4fun is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,299
Default Re: Happy birthday canada!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumguy1988 View Post
I can see how blowing snow would freak you out If you've never been in it before. I've never been in an Earthquake. Just imagine what I'd be like.
You make a valid point! I've experienced every earthquake in southern California since 1954. The one I'll always remember is the Whittier Narrows quake of 1978, around 7:45am. I was standing outside when it hit and will never forget watching the street and sidewalks ripple! I guess I just roll with it...

-Mark
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-02-2016, 05:25 PM
Drumguy1988 Drumguy1988 is offline
Vintage Drum Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,903
Default Re: Happy birthday canada!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrum4fun View Post
You make a valid point! I've experienced every earthquake in southern California since 1954. The one I'll always remember is the Whittier Narrows quake of 1978, around 7:45am. I was standing outside when it hit and will never forget watching the street and sidewalks ripple! I guess I just roll with it...

-Mark
You must remember the 1989 San Francisco quake and the 1994 Northridge Quake. I do, it was all over the news even up here.

The largest earthquake If you want to call it that that we've had was a 4.2 and it lasted for a second. And because it's Canada and it gets DAMN cold here in the winter we get what they call "FROST QUAKES"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2009 VSDwebdesign