Old 06-16-2019, 11:42 PM
Advanced Member

Default Re: 14" Rogers floor tom value
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrum4fun View Post
Hi Luke!

Yes, this is the tom I found on eBay. It appears that it sold, but is being re-listed? Was there a non-paying bidder?

-Mark
That auction-selling-relisting situation was a silly goof-up. I listed the drum on eBay at like 11 PM right before I went to bed, so I put in international shipping price estimations in there as a filler and was going to get an accurate estimate in the morning (I even said in the bio that shipping was an estimate). I woke up 7 hours later and the drum was sold to a man in France! I messaged him and explained what an accurate shipping charge would be and he couldn't afford the extra cost of it (it was a lot more than I was expecting, too). So I sent him a refund. No hard feelings. I'm actually friends with the dude on Facebook now because we got into a cool conversation about Rogers.

I had to adjust the price on eBay as well to account for what they hornshwaggle outta you with fees. That's why it's $975. That's why I'd much rather sell it on here, on DFO, or some Rogers facebook group member. Better here than feebay!

Luke
  • 1959 Rogers Holiday 5x14 snare drum in blue sparkle. Serial number #13382. Large double sided bread and butter lugs. Part of my kit that was split up before I purchased it. Bring the snare home!
Old 06-17-2019, 12:34 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcondo123 View Post
That auction-selling-relisting situation was a silly goof-up. I listed the drum on eBay at like 11 PM right before I went to bed, so I put in international shipping price estimations in there as a filler and was going to get an accurate estimate in the morning (I even said in the bio that shipping was an estimate). I woke up 7 hours later and the drum was sold to a man in France! I messaged him and explained what an accurate shipping charge would be and he couldn't afford the extra cost of it (it was a lot more than I was expecting, too). So I sent him a refund. No hard feelings. I'm actually friends with the dude on Facebook now because we got into a cool conversation about Rogers.

I had to adjust the price on eBay as well to account for what they hornshwaggle outta you with fees. That's why it's $975. That's why I'd much rather sell it on here, on DFO, or some Rogers facebook group member. Better here than feebay!

Luke
Thanks for letting me know what happened!

-Mark
Old 06-17-2019, 09:05 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagemore2000 View Post
No Howie I really don't care what you think!!!, I use this term very loosely Howie Thinking !?!?!?! that's your problem, Move on !!!
And, why Mr. effing know it all, should I care what you think? Your attitude is smarmy and dismissive of people who don't agree with you. I wish the seller of this floor tom good luck in his effort to recoup his investment.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:42 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Last edited by Hobbs; 06-28-2019 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:00 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by leedybdp View Post
And, why Mr. effing know it all, should I care what you think? Your attitude is smarmy and dismissive of people who don't agree with you. I wish the seller of this floor tom good luck in his effort to recoup his investment.

Here's your 1st post yeah I'm feeling that glowing loving feeling from ya Howester, 06-11-2019, 10:38 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

A thousand bucks for a floor tom? Do the sellers think that DW is not the only brand that can get away with that? (sarcasm mode fully in effect)

Last edited by vintagemore2000; 06-17-2019 at 10:09 AM. Reason: !!
Old 06-17-2019, 11:08 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Send a message via AIM to seantdrums
Definitely over priced the market is mad. But even crazier a guy on ebay selling a speedking pedal for over £2500GBP absolutely bonkers. Ah well leave the crazy bunch to their fantasy island listings.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbs View Post
The rot here is real. Deadly real. The smelly breath of many, not all, has ruined the forum. The inane arguments over pricing, or the hilarious misspellings in CL listings, the dull, braggy, puerile, equally inane look-what-I-got-for-nothing p0rn are BORING, as in trepanning boring. What used to be friendly enough banter, with the occasional unfriendly skirmish (I've been in the pit myself), has morphed into bickering in the outhouse over nothing. There's a big difference between verbal combat with a point versus getting all horned up with this slick pigs in $hit funhouse. I plug my nose hoping the old ghost will return; but it appears what's dead is dead.

Now :

To the seller of the Rogers FT : a few tips : as you have learned, most, not all, serious buyers for drums very much like your drum are outside the US. To find the highest price means selling on ebay/Reverb (more the former than the latter), etc ~ good fucqing luck on the sh1tshow of FB, et al. Fees are the price you pay for a secure transaction. Peace of mind is priceless.

On ebay : sell internationally using GLOBAL SHIPPING (includes all shipping + customs); if you don't, use USPS EXPRESS Int'l - it's way more expensive, but it has tracking [does NOT include customs so make sure the buyer knows this]). Package prior so no mystery to you or buyer (exact dimensions/weight).

You are going to get reamed with fees IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A STORE. Get a store for a month if you have to. A store = discount on fees.
Thanks for the tips on a store. I did have the drum boxed and weighed for an accurate shipping cost through USPS express, which is why the estimation was much higher than I was anticipating.

I do have a shop on Reverb, but I hadn't considered that for eBay. Might give that a shot. Cheers.
  • 1959 Rogers Holiday 5x14 snare drum in blue sparkle. Serial number #13382. Large double sided bread and butter lugs. Part of my kit that was split up before I purchased it. Bring the snare home!
Old 06-18-2019, 09:37 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagemore2000 View Post

Here's your 1st post yeah I'm feeling that glowing loving feeling from ya Howester, 06-11-2019, 10:38 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

A thousand bucks for a floor tom? Do the sellers think that DW is not the only brand that can get away with that? (sarcasm mode fully in effect)
And, your point is, Cletus? Oh yeah... Your point must be that you can scroll backward to find my first post on this topic. Well, aren't you special? Do you know the meaning of sarcasm? I pointed out the sarcasm especially for people like you. Once again, I wish the seller good luck in finding someone to help him recoup what he paid for the drum.