View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Mystery Turkish(?) Arabic Stamp - Not an Old K Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenstat View Post
Thanks. I don't want anybody to have to take my word for things. I'm all about presenting my methods and evidence and the importance of letting people judge the weight of evidence for themselves, as well as making all my raw data freely available on request. So I'm at the public good science end of the spectrum.

This is in contrast to Drumaholic who created those comparison photos and started all the work on timelines and trademarks on cymbals. Drumaholic won't release methods and evidence because he's worried about people copying his work and not giving him credit. In his own words from 2010:

We're still waiting for a web site from Drumaholic. Drumaholic and I respectfully agree to disagree about the best strategy to improve the quality of information available to those interested in cymbals. My response to web sites like Winne's one (which is still ranked high in Google searches and used to misidentify cymbals) is to put out what I hope is a better one. You can see my work via the links in my signature.
Wow, I'm surprised that anyone would think there's money to be made charging people for such arcane information. I think I'm with you, I share knowledge freely as a pastime on anything I know about, and I would never be jealous about it.
'67 Pearl President 13/16/22 Red Oyster Pearl