Vintage Drum Forum

Vintage Drum Forum (http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/index.php)
-   Vintage Non-USA drums (http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Oh No...Trixon Is Back From The Dead (http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=65634)

DrumBob 01-15-2020 10:36 PM

Oh No...Trixon Is Back From The Dead
 
1 Attachment(s)
Everything old and weird is new again, it seems. To be displayed at NAMM 2020. I'm astounded. I know at least one member here who will be ecstatic. Whatever. To each his own.

The MI industry is reissuing everything from the golden days of the 50's and 60's. Ovation solidbody guitars have even made a comeback. I don't know why, as they were flops in their day and have very little collector value.

O-Lugs 01-16-2020 03:01 AM

Re: Oh No...Trixon Is Back From The Dead
 
:ove it! I might have to look into a Trixon kit.

diamond 01-16-2020 04:44 AM

Re: Oh No...Trixon Is Back From The Dead
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumBob (Post 456684)
Everything old and weird is new again, it seems. To be displayed at NAMM 2020. I'm astounded. I know at least one member here who will be ecstatic. Whatever. To each his own.

The MI industry is reissuing everything from the golden days of the 50's and 60's. Ovation solidbody guitars have even made a comeback. I don't know why, as they were flops in their day and have very little collector value.

Ermmm...we are all a family of vintage drum lovers on this forum...
I do agree and also I'm not to keen on repro drums as I always like to see the originals but then everything nowadays seems to be getting reproduced but using different parts, interiors, and thus not made to spec of the originals...
The Trixon's were very unique at their time back in 1956 when they were first introduced and ran for just over 10 years!!...the first model with the bigger sized bass drum only ran for 2 years so is very collectible indeed..
The Trixon Vox however only ran for 1 1/2 years and is very rare indeed so they do have a collectors value...not sure where you got your information from?

leedybdp 01-16-2020 10:03 AM

Re: Oh No...Trixon Is Back From The Dead
 
I shudder to think about what the costs will be for replacements of each of the bass drum heads.

JimmySticks 01-16-2020 10:03 AM

Re: Oh No...Trixon Is Back From The Dead
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumBob (Post 456684)
Everything old and weird is new again, it seems. To be displayed at NAMM 2020. I'm astounded. I know at least one member here who will be ecstatic. Whatever. To each his own.

From the title of the thread and the wording in your post, you seem to dislike this revival, yet weren't you all for the Slingerland revival deal with DW?

What's the difference?

DrumBob 01-16-2020 10:04 AM

Re: Oh No...Trixon Is Back From The Dead
 
You misread my post, sorry to say. I clearly said Ovation electric guitars have very little collector value, not Trixon/Vox drums, which obviously have their fans. But, in terms of overall appeal to the general collective of drummers. I don't think these reissues will fly at all. They're just too unusual looking, and drummers are, by nature, rather conservative. They want drums that look like drums, not like empty thread spools, donuts, trumpet bells, pancakes, or someone's shorts (Peavey, Whitney, North, Flat Jacks, etc).

Fans such as yourself, will probably like these new Vox drums, and maybe some young drummers looking for something very different might too, but the average drummer? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

DrumBob 01-16-2020 10:05 AM

Re: Oh No...Trixon Is Back From The Dead
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmySticks (Post 456699)
From the title of the thread and the wording in your post, you seem to dislike this revival, yet weren't you all for the Slingerland revival deal with DW?

What's the difference?

Jim, read the post below yours. These reissues are too unusual for the average drummer to embrace, as they were years ago, here in the USA.

leedybdp 01-16-2020 10:13 AM

Re: Oh No...Trixon Is Back From The Dead
 
1 Attachment(s)
I played a lot of gigs on these Flat Jacks in the mid- 1960's. The only picture I can find of my Flat Jacks was taken with the band's girl singer sitting behind them with the guitar player's back in view.

JimmySticks 01-16-2020 10:27 AM

Re: Oh No...Trixon Is Back From The Dead
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumBob (Post 456701)
Jim, read the post below yours. These reissues are too unusual for the average drummer to embrace, as they were years ago, here in the USA.

You are probably correct, these are a niche market kind of drum set and always were. But even the niche market can be profitable.

I don't see it as a bad thing, just another choice to consider.

diamond 01-16-2020 11:10 AM

Re: Oh No...Trixon Is Back From The Dead
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by leedybdp (Post 456698)
I shudder to think about what the costs will be for replacements of each of the bass drum heads.

...USUALLY BETWEEN 150-200... But that's for the original ones...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2009 VSDwebdesign