Vintage Drum Forum

Vintage Drum Forum (http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/index.php)
-   Vintage Non-USA drums (http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A New Addition (http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=65133)

JimmySticks 09-12-2019 03:20 PM

A New Addition

1 Attachment(s)
More cheap fun with my Norma kit.

I've been looking to add a floor tom to my Norma for awhile now, and I found an exact match. Well, in all honesty, it's not a Norma, but a Vibra, although it matches in everyway where it counts, lugs, hoops, color etc. I didn't want to wait around for a Norma tom to show up, and besides, the brands in the MIJ world are so convoluted, brand doesn't matter to much.

I have a China cymbal waiting for a stand to add to this kit, but then its pretty much done.

Here's a pic. If I use my imagination, it's a Slingerland Buddy Rich kit! :D

grantro 09-12-2019 03:25 PM

Re: A New Addition

Looking good!!

Cheers

Catherine 09-12-2019 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmySticks (Post 451552)
More cheap fun with my Norma kit.

I've been looking to add a floor tom to my Norma for awhile now, and I found an exact match. Well, in all honesty, it's not a Norma, but a Vibra, although it matches in everyway where it counts, lugs, hoops, color etc. I didn't want to wait around for a Norma tom to show up, and besides, the brands in the MIJ world are so convoluted, brand doesn't matter to much.

I have a China cymbal waiting for a stand to add to this kit, but then its pretty much done.

Here's a pic. If I use my imagination, it's a Slingerland Buddy Rich kit! :D

My brothers first kit was a red sparkle. I do not remember what kind though. He loved Buddy Rich too. Your kit is really keen! How often to do play?
Catherine

JimmySticks 09-12-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine (Post 451568)
My brothers first kit was a red sparkle. I do not remember what kind though. He loved Buddy Rich too. Your kit is really keen! How often to do play?
Catherine

Thanks for the compliment Catherine!

"Keen" I love the term!

Truthfully, I just began playing...at 60 years old! So, I retired, and I know I'm supposed to be on the golf course 8 days a week now, but I always wanted to drum, so I figured I better get down to it.

I played guitar all my life. I grew up in an apartment, and drums were out of the question, so my parents gave me a guitar and I've always enjoyed it. No regrets. But I always felt drawn to the drums, so now we'll see if I'm the drummer I always thought I was meant to be!D' Drummer

I've been playing everyday now since my birthday 2 months ago. I'm not ready to gig for sure, but I'm getting pretty comfortable! Geez, there would be a lot of shocked people if they ever saw me gig on drums!Eye Ball

Thanks for asking!

JimmySticks 09-12-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantro (Post 451554)
Looking good!!

Cheers

grantro, thank you my friend!

I'm having some real fun with this little kit!:)Keep on Pl

DrumBob 09-12-2019 10:44 PM

Cool1 Good to see you nabbed that floor tom.

JimmySticks 09-13-2019 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumBob (Post 451572)
Cool1 Good to see you nabbed that floor tom.

Thanks Bob.

It would have really bothered me to let this one pass.

DrumBob 09-13-2019 08:26 AM

You got the one in Patchogue?

JimmySticks 09-13-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumBob (Post 451579)
You got the one in Patchogue?

Yeah, that's the one.

I took a shot and asked if he would break up the kit, and he had no problem doing that. This is the same guy forum member, johnnyringo, made a deal or two with I believe.