Vintage Drum Forum

Vintage Drum Forum (http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/index.php)
-   Vintage Cymbals (http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   26" Paiste Formula 602 Medium Ride (http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=21283)

jazziz 05-07-2011 08:31 PM

26" Paiste Formula 602 Medium Ride
 
I Bought This Cymbal In App. 1972 In Germany. If There Is Somebody Interested To Learn More About This Huge And Very Nice Sounding Cymbal, Please Let Me Know. Maybe I Will Sell It, It's A Real Vintage Cymbal And In Perfect Shape.

bunnyman 05-07-2011 08:50 PM

Re: 26" Paiste Formula 602 Medium Ride
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jazziz (Post 123385)
I Bought This Cymbal In App. 1972 In Germany. If There Is Somebody Interested To Learn More About This Huge And Very Nice Sounding Cymbal, Please Let Me Know. Maybe I Will Sell It, It's A Real Vintage Cymbal And In Perfect Shape.

You probably have something worth four digits there.

jazziz 05-07-2011 09:28 PM

Re: 26" Paiste Formula 602 Medium Ride
 
that's right! Paiste told me to produce this cymbal today would cost app. 1300 bucks. another question> i guess you're the drummer for cheap trick? the salesperson at L&McQuade told me the story. You know, because I just moved from Germany unfortunately I have no idea about cheap trick. But have to say, we are all in the same boat, all musicians with passion and love for music. I would like to know about you. I have some video stuff on youtube (Benny Christa) and music on myspace.com (benchrista) or reverbnation.com Maybe you want to listen or watch some stuff there... lol... Have to play my old Yamaha Recording 9000 again. Ben

bunnyman 05-07-2011 10:09 PM

Re: 26" Paiste Formula 602 Medium Ride
 
Naw- I am not Bun E. Carlos. Sorry!!!!

Wish I were. He's cool as hell. I am just some hack who writes fun songs and beats the pulp out of vintage drums.

jazziz 05-07-2011 10:12 PM

Re: 26" Paiste Formula 602 Medium Ride
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bunnyman (Post 123395)
Naw- I am not Bun E. Carlos. Sorry!!!!

Wish I were. He's cool as hell. I am just some hack who writes fun songs and beats the pulp out of vintage drums.

That's o.k. for me. No problem. Have fun and talk to you soon!

bunnyman 05-07-2011 10:17 PM

Re: 26" Paiste Formula 602 Medium Ride
 
More about why your cymbal is worth some serious money:

1) It is a pre-'80s 602, and those are HIGHLY desirable

2) It is a weird size, though in that time period, cymbals were getting bigger. I have a friend with a 30" Zildjian ride from around that vintage.

3) I can't remember when Paiste had the ghost lettering, but this time period seems to be right for that. If that is there, it's worth some $$$, as well.

4) It is a pre-reissue 602 (predates it by about 39 years, infact), and it's a pre-blue ink 602. Those are holy grail cymbals. Maybe not a flat ride from the late '60s, but desirable, nonetheless...

jaghog 05-08-2011 12:35 AM

Re: 26" Paiste Formula 602 Medium Ride
 
say how about a picture

jazziz 05-08-2011 12:50 AM

Re: 26" Paiste Formula 602 Medium Ride
 
thanks for all replies! i'm aware that this is money worth, it's a rare, very rare cymbal and i have it for a lifetime... close.. will post a pic asap. thank you, guys!

vintagemore2000 05-08-2011 11:53 AM

Re: 26" Paiste Formula 602 Medium Ride
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jazziz (Post 123420)
thanks for all replies! i'm aware that this is money worth, it's a rare, very rare cymbal and i have it for a lifetime... close.. will post a pic asap. thank you, guys!

You already know it's super rare and valuable the preserial number 602's are my favorites, and I own a pile of them, I hope you play large drums other wise that 26" cymbals gonna look very funny sitting on top of a 20" bass drum?

bunnyman 05-08-2011 04:58 PM

Re: 26" Paiste Formula 602 Medium Ride
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vintagemore2000 (Post 123450)
You already know it's super rare and valuable the preserial number 602's are my favorites, and I own a pile of them, I hope you play large drums other wise that 26" cymbals gonna look very funny sitting on top of a 20" bass drum?

I don't think a 26" Medium Ride will stay on a kick drum-mounted stand.

I want to see this thing!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2009 VSDwebdesign